Have you ever put beef in your soup? That sounds like something my husband might eat.Morning Mark
Here's my soup recipe if you'd like to try it:
MUSHROOM BARLEY SOUP
2 Tab butter
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 ribs celery with leaves, diced
1/4 Cup parsley
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 lb. fresh mushrooms
1 Tab flour
2 quarts beef broth
1 Cup whole barley
2 tsp salt
1. Melt butter in large skillet and sauce onion, celery, 2 Tab parsley, carrot, garlic mushrooms until soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Lower heat and add flour. Stir often for about 5 minutes or until thick.
3. In soup pot heat beef broth. Stir in the mushroom mixture.
4. Turn heat to high and add barley. Stir well and add salt to taste.
5. Simmer, covered about 1 hour or until barley is tender and the soup thickened. Stir often.
And it just gets better the 2nd (and 3rd) day.
Enjoy seeing hubs Debby! I love mushroom barley soup but the kids are weird and won’t eat it lol. I think I’m going to put that menus here soon though, it’s been a while.Good morning IM!
The mushroom barley soup is one of our favorites (plus it's an easy one to make). DH called to say he's coming home tomorrow so I got a batch of his best-liked bread going.
The dogs will enjoy the park! Good luck with the apple fritters, they sound wonderful.