The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Well, the kitchen is painted. I took the light color from Tam’s painting and it will tie the grays of the living room and dining room kinda nicely, I think.

F102F143-1C7B-448C-899E-C64E56931632.jpeg

Attachments

• 5FF6A605-CDDB-4A45-B295-8559F082CC29.jpeg
    5FF6A605-CDDB-4A45-B295-8559F082CC29.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 3
I haven't been on here in so long I lost you guys and had to search for this thread again!!! :hugs

I have now sold all of my older cockatiel babies and I have 2 more young ones going to their new homes in the next week. I do find it stressful dealing with 'people' when selling them but most people are nice. There's just the odd annoying one. I've had one basically harassing me wanting aviary raised whiteface cockatiels. I gave them a price and said I would be unlikely to have any until next season and I would let them know. After awhile they started emailing again asking how much and did we travel to their neck of the woods (no). Then they go they really only have $100 to spend on a pair (I've got really nice heavy pied whitefaces which I had already told them would be $80 each and that's pretty cheap for quality ones). And THEN they are emailing again asking if I had bourkes or turquoisines!!! :barnie

And then I have someone who wants a pair of hand reared ones so I have sent them photos of one I have available (I can't sex it though, but once it's old enough I'll be able to tell). I'm still waiting for them to tell me whether they like that bird or not! :he

There's one baby I am keeping. It is stunning. It would be considered a clear pied - it just has one grey feather at the base of its tail.
Star.jpg
Our clear pied whiteface pet boy is totally in love with it - it's so cute. He tells it (hopefully her) "Where's bubba?", makes kissing noises, and says "Peek-a-boo" in the cutest, sweetest voice. 💗 Often he gets overly protective if there's a bird he takes a fancy to but he's being a complete gentleman with this bird and still wants love from us too.

My house cow has been driving me crazy holding up her milk. We've just weaned the calves (they are big enough) because poor Maisy's teats were getting so cut up by her greedy (but adorable) calf. It hasn't taken too long for everyone to start to get the message (it's day 3 today) but Maisy is still holding up most of her milk. Hopefully she'll give it up soon. I've still got it coming out my ears though, even with her giving me so little, but the chickens aren't complaining. They love getting the extra.

Amazingly my DH is keen too, but we are off to look at a Highland heifer on Sunday morning. She's about 2 years old and has been running with their mini Highland bull, so fingers crossed she is pregnant. I've done a ton of research into them and never thought I would let a horned bovine onto the property, but she was a kids pet before this lady bought her, and she's very tame. The lady's grandkids hand feed her and she's going to teach her to be tied up and brushed for me. Many who keep them as pets say they are super careful with their horns, moving them out of your way and even out of the way of children, being careful not to hit their humans.

We are experiencing drought conditions up here and it has been so hot lately. We are supposed to get some rain early next week which we desperately need as even some of our grass is dying off. Thankfully we are now very understocked animals wise.

This was the view across the road this morning - very pretty:
Sunshine.jpg

I'll try not to be a stranger. My days just seem to fly by lately.

I haven't been on here in so long I lost you guys and had to search for this thread again!!! :hugs

I have now sold all of my older cockatiel babies and I have 2 more young ones going to their new homes in the next week. I do find it stressful dealing with 'people' when selling them but most people are nice. There's just the odd annoying one. I've had one basically harassing me wanting aviary raised whiteface cockatiels. I gave them a price and said I would be unlikely to have any until next season and I would let them know. After awhile they started emailing again asking how much and did we travel to their neck of the woods (no). Then they go they really only have $100 to spend on a pair (I've got really nice heavy pied whitefaces which I had already told them would be $80 each and that's pretty cheap for quality ones). And THEN they are emailing again asking if I had bourkes or turquoisines!!! :barnie

And then I have someone who wants a pair of hand reared ones so I have sent them photos of one I have available (I can't sex it though, but once it's old enough I'll be able to tell). I'm still waiting for them to tell me whether they like that bird or not! :he

There's one baby I am keeping. It is stunning. It would be considered a clear pied - it just has one grey feather at the base of its tail.
View attachment 2967450
Our clear pied whiteface pet boy is totally in love with it - it's so cute. He tells it (hopefully her) "Where's bubba?", makes kissing noises, and says "Peek-a-boo" in the cutest, sweetest voice. 💗 Often he gets overly protective if there's a bird he takes a fancy to but he's being a complete gentleman with this bird and still wants love from us too.

My house cow has been driving me crazy holding up her milk. We've just weaned the calves (they are big enough) because poor Maisy's teats were getting so cut up by her greedy (but adorable) calf. It hasn't taken too long for everyone to start to get the message (it's day 3 today) but Maisy is still holding up most of her milk. Hopefully she'll give it up soon. I've still got it coming out my ears though, even with her giving me so little, but the chickens aren't complaining. They love getting the extra.

Amazingly my DH is keen too, but we are off to look at a Highland heifer on Sunday morning. She's about 2 years old and has been running with their mini Highland bull, so fingers crossed she is pregnant. I've done a ton of research into them and never thought I would let a horned bovine onto the property, but she was a kids pet before this lady bought her, and she's very tame. The lady's grandkids hand feed her and she's going to teach her to be tied up and brushed for me. Many who keep them as pets say they are super careful with their horns, moving them out of your way and even out of the way of children, being careful not to hit their humans.

We are experiencing drought conditions up here and it has been so hot lately. We are supposed to get some rain early next week which we desperately need as even some of our grass is dying off. Thankfully we are now very understocked animals wise.

This was the view across the road this morning - very pretty:
View attachment 2967453

I'll try not to be a stranger. My days just seem to fly by lately.
Hi Jae! :frow Beautiful birds :love

Back
Top Bottom