The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Oops, just got here and have to go. DH says dinner is ready. I'll be back (said in my not-so-good Terminator voice).

You are all amazing! I just sat here and giggled reading through the thread. Sorry I was late - I was a little, um, preoccupied. I figured all of the other birthday cakes were gone by now, so I thought I'd bring a fresh one - it's a new perspective on an old theme!

Just in case you're not up for a "bunny cake autopsy", I also brought some of my favorite Deviled Eggs. (yes, I'm STILL trying to get rid of them!)

Hi @Blooie , glad you made it! I'll take a slice of bunny autopsy and a deviled egg please! Pick out a tutu and get comfortable
big_smile.png

Oh stop that, you're beautiful @Blooie ! Dress Kendra up in one too and then you girls can both be pretty party ballerinas!

They love it! Katie always has...been in dance since she was 3 years old and she's gonna be 10 on her next birthday. This is Kendra's first year. She lucked out and got the same teacher who was so patient and wonderful with Katie. In fact, she ran into Jenny at the store and said, "Kendra's 4 now, right? Can I have her in my dance class now?" Jenny hesitated...."Well, she really can't follow directions, and she'd be in her chair, so I don't know how it would work and if it would be fair to the other girls." Miss Candita told Jen that she'd been working up a routine with Kendra in mind just in case, and that the other girls would be helping her as well as Miss Candita's 15 year old daughter, so they had that covered. Then Jenny said she was afraid they couldn't afford to have both girls in dance. Teacher had that figured out too. She told Jenny that they needed someone to come in and clean the studio once a week, and if Jenny would do that the girls' tuition would be considered paid. All Jen has to pay for is their costumes. So both girls are dancing, their recitals are in December, and you can bet I'm going to bore everyone to tears with video!

@Blooie how wonderful that everything worked out so both girls could be in dance class! Miss Candita sounds like a very thoughtful person. I'm looking forward to seeing a video of the recitals next month!

They love it! Katie always has...been in dance since she was 3 years old and she's gonna be 10 on her next birthday. This is Kendra's first year. She lucked out and got the same teacher who was so patient and wonderful with Katie. In fact, she ran into Jenny at the store and said, "Kendra's 4 now, right? Can I have her in my dance class now?" Jenny hesitated...."Well, she really can't follow directions, and she'd be in her chair, so I don't know how it would work and if it would be fair to the other girls." Miss Candita told Jen that she'd been working up a routine with Kendra in mind just in case, and that the other girls would be helping her as well as Miss Candita's 15 year old daughter, so they had that covered. Then Jenny said she was afraid they couldn't afford to have both girls in dance. Teacher had that figured out too. She told Jenny that they needed someone to come in and clean the studio once a week, and if Jenny would do that the girls' tuition would be considered paid. All Jen has to pay for is their costumes. So both girls are dancing, their recitals are in December, and you can bet I'm going to bore everyone to tears with video!

I have never been to a dance recital, will look forward to the videos
wee.gif

And thanks for remembering to bring the Rockin' Deviled Eggs
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom