The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I love red velvet cake or cupcakes are delicious. I know they'll enjoy them.

You can hit the "watch" at top right corner on this page and then find it in your watched threads.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
IMG_4331.JPG

Those look awesome. Wish I could have one :)
I'm baking my mom's pound cake - 45 min more and we're in the middle of thunderstorms, hope we don't lose power before its done.
Thank you! How did the pound cake turn out? I've never made one before. I made Debby's chocolate chip cookies this morning. The weather has been crappy this week so can't do much outside. We have 4" of rain in the guage right now from the last couple days. Everything is lush and green but sick of being stuck in the house.

Thank you! How did the pound cake turn out? I've never made one before. I made Debby's chocolate chip cookies this morning. The weather has been crappy this week so can't do much outside. We have 4" of rain in the guage right now from the last couple days. Everything is lush and green but sick of being stuck in the house.

The pound cake turned out well. I'm sure there's recipes a lot easier then this one, but it is predictably good.

Haven't tried Debby's cookies - but the recipe sounds delicious.

4 inches is a lot, it's too bad we can't order how much and when we want rain.

We had thunderstorms with high winds yesterday. Today - scattered storms, but none near me..yet.

We really need to get our newbies area in the run ready so we can start them visiting and move them in a couple of weeks - very soon I will have to keep the top of the brooder on part way at all times - 2 of them can fly/jump to the top ( about 2.5 feet :eek:).

I had hoped we could finish it by tomorrow, but not likely. But we do have all the materials we need - just space without storms to get it all done.

The clouds are trying to break up here. It's going to take awhile to dry everything out. My chicks are getting big...I open the door and get out of the way as they are saying yee ha and flying out the door....5 weeks tomorrow. I still have a broody buff who is driving me crazy. I've never had 1 that's taken so long to break. I'm thinking about giving her to my neighbor...only reason I haven't is because her dog periodically kills her chickens and she doesn't deserve that.

Those cupcakes look good! I'm not great at the frosting part. I can never get the consistency quite right (probably because I 'wing it' chucking in ingredients so nothing is the right proportion)!

Sunflour, your chicks are so beautiful. You might have to give them legbands so you can tell them apart. Glad you are all better too.

My littlest Javas are growing and today I'm going to try feeding them every 4 hours, so just 4 times in a day. I am looking forward to them weaning, though that's supposed to be at about 50 days old which is 5th June. But they are next to the older birds and seem to be eating some seed at this stage, and don't seem to need as much formula as they did.

It's a frosty, cold morning in my little corner of the world. I love my fireplace - couldn't live without it! There is ice all over our car, the aviary roof and the stuff we covered my vege seedlings with, plus our neighbour's roof looks like it's been dusted with icing sugar (I think you guys call that something else - the sugar you make frosting out of). Very little on the ground though. It's very early for us to be getting frost. And that's after we've had a stormy few days of lashing rain and wind. Now a polar blast!

Those cupcakes look good! I'm not great at the frosting part. I can never get the consistency quite right (probably because I 'wing it' chucking in ingredients so nothing is the right proportion)!

Sunflour, your chicks are so beautiful. You might have to give them legbands so you can tell them apart. Glad you are all better too.

My littlest Javas are growing and today I'm going to try feeding them every 4 hours, so just 4 times in a day. I am looking forward to them weaning, though that's supposed to be at about 50 days old which is 5th June. But they are next to the older birds and seem to be eating some seed at this stage, and don't seem to need as much formula as they did.

It's a frosty, cold morning in my little corner of the world. I love my fireplace - couldn't live without it! There is ice all over our car, the aviary roof and the stuff we covered my vege seedlings with, plus our neighbour's roof looks like it's been dusted with icing sugar (I think you guys call that something else - the sugar you make frosting out of). Very little on the ground though. It's very early for us to be getting frost. And that's after we've had a stormy few days of lashing rain and wind. Now a polar blast!

:hugsI can't even think of fall starting already. :eek:
Scott

That's the problem trying to find favorite threads. I'm not trying to snub anyone, just can't find you all.

Weird when I did find a thread I liked (Scott gave me a link) it made me log in before I could post. I am logged in all the time, and I had posted on that thread for years and yet had to do another log in. Is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom