The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Yes, I know - maybe too many glasses of wine today :hmm

They are getting big - we have been trying to get their outdoor area ready - but too many delays.....if we aren't ready to move them soon, I think they will break jail and take over the whole human :confused:house. I have to keep the wire top on the brooder to clean it and change the water/feed, those gals can now jump/fly over 2 feet high...and of course they are already spoiled :) And OMG the big poops - guess that means really big eggs in the future:)

Um, never mind. You can keep the turkey poops all to yourself! You're welcome!

There's so much more for the "life of Blooie" :hugs. For you this is temporary and you'll get over it and eat again....but for Linda - all we can do is offer our prayers....so sorry she is ill again.

Pay me no mind. Dr. said a little depression after all this is perfectly normal. Since he finally gave me some good news that something about me is "perfectly normal", I'm running with that! :lau

Any one hear any more about Rachel?

Pay me no mind. Dr. said a little depression after all this is perfectly normal. Since he finally gave me some good news that something about me is "perfectly normal", I'm running with that! :lau

Any one hear any more about Rachel?
Is that Teila? Sorry I'm awful with names.

Some depression with all you've had going on is quite normal IMO - heck, I only had 5 weeks of respiratory illnesses that would not resolve and the pneumonia - loads of time off from work but too weak to do anything at all and was quite down in the dumps.
Soon things will settle down for you.

OHLD - those babies are so gorgeous!!! Blooie, I hope you are feeling better sooner rather than later - 2 weeks is a long time to be missing all your favourite foods!

I had a broken nights sleep so I feel like my head is stuffed with cotton wool. And we had a power cut this morning but the kids were good without electronic stimulation. It just means no water for us as the pump from our watertanks won't work. So we headed outside to enjoy the sunshine and my DD helped me de-caterpillar the kale. I've been blaming the snails and thinking my snail bait isn't working. I even bought a different brand. Then I noticed the caterpillars last night. The chickens enjoyed them. We need another frost to kill them off!

My Mum recently lost her big flemish doe. We gave her two pekin (cochin) bantams and they shared a run with Lucy the rabbit. They really loved her and they are missing her. She doesn't want another flemish but I've steered her towards getting two standard rex rabbits as the majority of the grandkids are still young. They are supposed to be very laid back and sweet. We have a family friend who has always been involved with rabbits and guinea pigs so she's finding a good breeder for us.

My sister on the other hand has decided to get a Netherland Dwarf for her kids. She has a 7 year old, a 3 year old (boy) and a 1 year old. I just hope it works out. @Bunnylady - I've read about your scar!

OHLD - those babies are so gorgeous!!! Blooie, I hope you are feeling better sooner rather than later - 2 weeks is a long time to be missing all your favourite foods!

I had a broken nights sleep so I feel like my head is stuffed with cotton wool. And we had a power cut this morning but the kids were good without electronic stimulation. It just means no water for us as the pump from our watertanks won't work. So we headed outside to enjoy the sunshine and my DD helped me de-caterpillar the kale. I've been blaming the snails and thinking my snail bait isn't working. I even bought a different brand. Then I noticed the caterpillars last night. The chickens enjoyed them. We need another frost to kill them off!

My Mum recently lost her big flemish doe. We gave her two pekin (cochin) bantams and they shared a run with Lucy the rabbit. They really loved her and they are missing her. She doesn't want another flemish but I've steered her towards getting two standard rex rabbits as the majority of the grandkids are still young. They are supposed to be very laid back and sweet. We have a family friend who has always been involved with rabbits and guinea pigs so she's finding a good breeder for us.

My sister on the other hand has decided to get a Netherland Dwarf for her kids. She has a 7 year old, a 3 year old (boy) and a 1 year old. I just hope it works out. @Bunnylady - I've read about your scar!
Thank you. I have a few scratches from my new bunnies too. My lops are a bit more laid back than my lionheads which are more skiddish.

the poults are so adorable but, then they grow up to be turkeys. Turkeys are okay and delicious but, where does the cute go?
If they stayed cute, than it would be harder to eat them, luckily they get big, ugly and obnoxious, so it's easier to get them in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom