The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Mine will be ready this fall and I'm still debating about doing it on farm or taking them to a custom processor. I'd like to start breeding mule foot, but definitely have a lot of pasture work to do first. And I'd like to get a feeder steer this year, but need to figure out where to put it...
A steer will be out next endeavor... or bison. Just gotta (pardon the pun) beef up our fencing

Hubby put down the baby quail with the bad feet and ankles. The teeny one died. The one with the bad beak is hanging in there. The rest of them are thriving!
While I am sorry that you had to lose a couple, is it okay if I just focus on the last part of your post? The "The rest of them are thriving" part? Okay, that's what I'll do! :D

:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Thanks so much, really needed a good laugh.

Morning all, thanks for the chuckles... :frow

Glad you guys got laughs out of it :)

I was having fun typing it lol

Well that is how Mother Nature does it, one foal at a time. No turner needed.

Very true! Would be nice to incubate multiple though. And yeah, do mammals get turned like poultry?

Fowl in an incubator, foal in an incubator....what's the difference? :lau

One's a lot bigger :lau

Take a hundred pounds back to @N F C for the restaurant at the golf club.

Then there are the females that live here. There is beef and there is "just the other stuff". Especially pork and chicken. They do love bacon but I think it would be quite difficult to convert an entire hog to bacon. Neither will eat sausage. I live in a food desert.

We're kinda the opposite of a food desert haha

Although I hate pork. Well, not hate, it's great with certain sauces like my dad's balsamic plum reduction sauce, or apple sauce, or my mom does this like orange juice, bread crumbs, random seasonings thing haha so I guess long story short, I will eat it but it is not my favorite and I don't particularly like it much.

Love chicken and beef though.

Also I'm not a huge bacon or sausage person

Good Morning Friends :hugs

Great to start my day with a chuckle; thank you :lau

Cap sorry to hear about some of your bubs but great news the others are thriving :clap

Funny you guys n’ gals were talking about piggies, this little guy was on my FB stream this morning and I thought he was appropriate with our current weather:

Piggy.jpg

71mm or 2.7 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. More predicted today but not raining at the moment. TC’s fizzling out :clap

Typical Sunday for me, finish housework, washing, trip in to town for weekly grocery stock up and then home to potter, water under cover plants etc.

Lamb roast with roast potatoes and broccoli cheese on the dinner menu :drool

Good Morning Friends :hugs

Great to start my day with a chuckle; thank you :lau

Cap sorry to hear about some of your bubs but great news the others are thriving :clap

Funny you guys n’ gals were talking about piggies, this little guy was on my FB stream this morning and I thought he was appropriate with our current weather:

View attachment 1309436

71mm or 2.7 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. More predicted today but not raining at the moment. TC’s fizzling out :clap

Typical Sunday for me, finish housework, washing, trip in to town for weekly grocery stock up and then home to potter, water under cover plants etc.

Lamb roast with roast potatoes and broccoli cheese on the dinner menu :drool
Pig in Boots!

Back
Top Bottom