The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Blooie managed to shut her nose in a car door, cut herself shaving so badly she couldn’t sit for 4 days, and get gangrene from a little nick on the wrist......I wouldn’t base my life and fears on anything that has happened to her.
:oops:

Oh wow! You've had some bad luck!

I've hit my head on lots of door frames, especially car door frames. I'm too tall but sometimes I just don't pay attention.

And you can get gangrene from cuts?

What's funny about hurting? Hope it gets better!

Nothing, I just always add that or lol or something after stuff. Idk why. It's not really so much laughing at it so idk.

But thank you!

Oh, good grief~ I did it again! Yep, you can get gangrene in a cut....If that nick is from a surgery site on your hand and it still has one little open spot left and IF you already have a compromised immune system and IF you didn't wait until the nick was completely sealed before you worked in the garden and IF you think that a bandaid and a vinyl glove under the leather gardening gloves will protect you when spreading manure from a neighbor's cow yard in your garden.....now quit examining your nicks and cuts, Kelsey - I see you! It's all good! ;) :hugs

Oh, good grief~ I did it again! Yep, you can get gangrene in a cut....If that nick is from a surgery site on your hand and it still has one little open spot left and IF you already have a compromised immune system and IF you didn't wait until the nick was completely sealed before you worked in the garden and IF you think that a bandaid and a vinyl glove under the leather gardening gloves will protect you when spreading manure from a neighbor's cow yard in your garden.....now quit examining your nicks and cuts, Kelsey - I see you! It's all good! ;) :hugs

:yuckyuck Not that you got gangrene, just your wording and description!

Afternoon!

Quiet day at work and for once, up to date with my greets and not busting a gut to finish them.

Cap it is probably a good thing that we are not permitted to keep bunnies as pets; looking at your beautiful bunnies I find myself wanting some. Already I am wondering if I could sneak in some Quail without hubby noticing ;) In reality though, I know my limits and I really do not have the free time required for any more pets so I will just adore yours and Jae’s.

Talking pets … I have a bit of trivia. Did you know that female guppies can store the male sperm in her reproductive system for months? So, if you find yourself with all your male guppies gone, the females can repopulate the environment with more babies and hopefully males? Fascinating stuff hey? :p

Did I mention a quiet day at work? :lau

I have ‘em too, Teila, even though I’m too old and lazy to work. Interesting about the guppies, and since I grew up with a couple of tanks of them I did know that there always seemed to be little pairs of eyeballs swimming in the tanks. I used to deliberately buy the most gravid females I could find, though, to hedge my bets! :lau

Here’s one for you to ponder on your next slow day. Watch a common housefly. See him flying over your head with his little legs hanging down? Then BAM!! See him suddenly walking on the ceiling? Did you actually see that little booger flip to feet-side-up for landing? Drives me crazy!!

Um, you’re welcome!

I have ‘em too, Teila, even though I’m too old and lazy to work. Interesting about the guppies, and since I grew up with a couple of tanks of them I did know that there always seemed to be little pairs of eyeballs swimming in the tanks. I used to deliberately buy the most gravid females I could find, though, to hedge my bets! :lau

Here’s one for you to ponder on your next slow day. Watch a common housefly. See him flying over your head with his little legs hanging down? Then BAM!! See him suddenly walking on the ceiling? Did you actually see that little booger flip to feet-side-up for landing? Drives me crazy!!

Um, you’re welcome!

Note to self: watch fly for a while now before trying to hit him with the swat to feed him to the window gecko or spray him! :lau

I do have one? You know how all animals have a 'purpose' no matter how dreaded? Their place in the ecosystem etc? Cockroaches are good cleaners etc.

Why mosquitoes? What good do they do? Do not tell me they are food for small birds, frogs and fishes etc .. the number of mosquitoes just does not compute with any creature being that hungry! :p

Talking pets … I have a bit of trivia. Did you know that female guppies can store the male sperm in her reproductive system for months? So, if you find yourself with all your male guppies gone, the females can repopulate the environment with more babies and hopefully males? Fascinating stuff hey? :p

Did I mention a quiet day at work? :lau
Actually, yes i did know that. Been keeping tropical fish on and off since i was 12! I used to breed guppies and developed a certain strain for a science experiment for a school project. Had to buy Virgin guppies to start with!

Back
Top Bottom