The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Aww, I hate to hear that, RJ....hope he bounces back really fast and it gets better with nothing else needed.

We had a banquet at the Country Club in Wheatland Thursday evening. I commented to Ken and the others at our table that the beef had an off taste....it didn’t taste spoiled, just a little odd. But we all just chalked it up to the sauce the slices were in. Nope, no such luck. Every single person who ate the beef was sick within hours. Those who chose the chicken were okay, but there were only a few that had the chicken because it looked so overdone and dry. Ken is doing pretty well, but I’m still fighting it off. I guess the Master of Wheatland Lodge went down there and raised heck with them. The entire cost of the banquet was refunded, but if anyone gets sicker or ends up hospitalized for dehydration or anything, they aren’t off the hook yet. If I had been the one in charge of setting up that dinner, I’d have already been in contact with the health department reporting a food borne illness, but then I’m mean.

I sure missed you guys!!!
how is that being mean?, i'm with you on reporting, that will make them much more careful the next time

Good morning, er..afternoon. slept through the alarm. Guess i better get busy. Have a great one!
:rantaltho we didn't sleep in, we didn't get up when i wanted to, electric went out last night around 10:30 and was still out this morning, we left at 8 to go to a chicken swap(took us about 40 minutes to get there) thought for sure i wouldn't sell a thing but i sold three blue chicks and young pair of cochins, a blue hen and a splash cockerel but still had to bring home 7 chicks, will try again in a couple of weeks at another swap. oh, forgot, also sold a calico cockerel that i bought a couple of months ago that was sold to me as a hen and it turned out to be a cockerel, gentleman was going to bring me another hen but a mottled or black, not the color i wanted but am happy about this, but i had four cochin eggs in the incubator due to hatch today or tomorrow, two eggs are the mille fleur color that i want so with the electric going out, its just wait and see if anything hatches:fl
not happy about the electric going out and maybe losing my chicks:mad:

I lost power for 24 hours during one of my hatches, they came a day or two late, but hatch rate was still good. Here's some good hatching vibs for you...:fl:jumpy:fl:jumpy:fl:jumpy:jumpy
thanks rj, i know its only four eggs but i sure wanted these mille fleurs, my hen is a older hen and is only laying every other day and i had set three eggs of hers but one was clear, she laying again but its too late in the year for me to hatch more since we leave sometime in nov for defuniak springs and a friend is going to babysit this year for me and i hate to put it all on him
that gives me hope:hugs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom