The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

yes, like those, beautiful, what kind are they?:love

They are upright willows. Been here since at least 1976. They grow fast, and you can start one just by sticking a bit of a branch in the ground and keeping it watered. They are “self pruning”, which just means that every time it’s really window,new spend an hour or two pickin* up branches.

I don't think you've ever posted the whole lot before, just parts of a single tree. Those ARE impressively huge!

Yep. I thought I had posted it...it’s an older picture because Ken still had the Datsun then. They sure provide a lot of shade...,without them this old trailer would feel like an empty pop can in a parking lot. But they scare me a little, like when we have ice storms or the excessively high winds we can get. Our trailer would crush like that pop can if one of them fell, or if one of the huge limbs snapped and landed on us. That’s happened several times, but never right on the house.

Last edited:
Well you can't move the trees but, you could move the trailer.

:idunnoNo place in the yard where those trees don’t tower overhead. And losing this lot would break my heart. We have mountain views that are as much a part of me as my eyes are. So we’ll risk it. Least expensive tree service we’ve found charges us $400.00 a tree for trimming, and we asked about taking one of them out but the estimate was $1000.00 - $1500, depending on which of the trees. The highest price was for the biggest tree. One day we decided to hold hands and form a ring around the Goliath’s trunk. It took 6 of us to go around it. :th

Back
Top Bottom