The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi Sharron, did you get the coon relocated ok yesterday?
yes, took him away to a creek thats on the reservation, when husband let him loose he took off down the creek bank, thru the trees, i think he will be happy there even if he has to hunt and catch his own food, i hated to kill him since he hadn't killed any chickens around here that i know of, course there is a neighbor down the road that used to have chickens and now only has two or three, maybe this coon is why but i hated to kill him since i don't know for sure, he was a beauty. he was a lucky fellow, at home, he would have put down since i have chickens:(

yes, took him away to a creek thats on the reservation, when husband let him loose he took off down the creek bank, thru the trees, i think he will be happy there even if he has to hunt and catch his own food, i hated to kill him since he hadn't killed any chickens around here that i know of, course there is a neighbor down the road that used to have chickens and now only has two or three, maybe this coon is why but i hated to kill him since i don't know for sure, he was a beauty. he was a lucky fellow, at home, he would have put down since i have chickens:(

DH has had to eliminate a lot of them here. We were having a real problem with them using the cat door to get into the golf course office. And boy, did they make huge messes! Plus tangling with the cats...that cost us a pricey visit to the vet.

The problem is, once you get rid of one there's a void that the others move into. :rolleyes:

Good morning everyone.

DH has had to eliminate a lot of them here. We were having a real problem with them using the cat door to get into the golf course office. And boy, did they make huge messes! Plus tangling with the cats...that cost us a pricey visit to the vet.

The problem is, once you get rid of one there's a void that the others move into. :rolleyes:

No cat or dog doors here. Someone in our community had a rabid coon enter their home through a cat door. Entire family had to get rabies shots, and all animals had to be boostered.

Good morning everyone.

No cat or dog doors here. Someone in our community had a rabid coon enter their home through a cat door. Entire family had to get rabies shots, and all animals had to be boostered.

Rabid raccoons are scary! When the ex and I rented a house in the country we came home from a trip to find one in the enclosed porch. He'd gotten in and couldn't figure out how to get out so he destroyed everything (including a bag of trash). When the ex opened the porch door that thing reared up on it's hind legs, bared all it's teeth and started charging. TG the ex was the first to try the door or I'd probably still be running.

Somewhat busy day here. Have an appointment at 11:30, a meet & greet sort of, but it is a family friend so I know them well and I have already met the dogs once or twice, and already have the job. It’s more so just so they can show me where their food and everything is and also hang out a bit. But not too long because I have a dentist appointment the opposite direction at 1:30. It seems like plenty of time but if you know them, we could hang out for hours and just talk dogs and other random stuff lol

:frow

Did you get your trip to Walmart & Sam's DD? I liked having Sam's around. I'd buy some stuff there and some at Costco. It was handy, as each didn't have everything I wanted.

No propane today. The entire fleet has been grounded due to potential equipment damage from the temps. Thursday or Friday is the target date now.

DMC - it's so touching that you're helping that family. I'm sure that they're overwhelmed by all that has happened, and your alleviating some of the burden must be such a help to the father. :hugs

Bob - I'll just say ick. I don't envy the Joy's of year end you must be going through.

:frow

Did you get your trip to Walmart & Sam's DD? I liked having Sam's around. I'd buy some stuff there and some at Costco. It was handy, as each didn't have everything I wanted.

No propane today. The entire fleet has been grounded due to potential equipment damage from the temps. Thursday or Friday is the target date now.

DMC - it's so touching that you're helping that family. I'm sure that they're overwhelmed by all that has happened, and your alleviating some of the burden must be such a help to the father. :hugs

Bob - I'll just say ick. I don't envy the Joy's of year end you must be going through.

Sorry about the propane trouble Shell, keep that fire going!

Back
Top Bottom