The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

KD, I tend to drive doctors, especially young ones, nuts. I re-define the relationship on day one. Most important is I'll refer to them by their first name, second I'm in charge doc is just an adviser and finally he works for me and not the insurance company. I've fired more than one because they couldn't get on board with the program.

KD/Michelle, as for the eating thing, I see the same behavior in Todd, but I also see him foraging a bit while he's out on patrol. He'll eat plants and grasses and what ever else he defines a food. He'll generally eat first thing in the morning when he comes in, and he'll want in at different times of day to grab a bite and then head back out.

That’s probably what I need to do and wish I could but I am nowhere near that assertive lol heck, I even put off telling a client about my vacation so long that I never ended up telling her and I couldn’t go because I was so worried how she’d respond :oops:

And Todd is part Pyrenees, right? He sounds a lot like Gator used to be. Gator was always foraging and eating grasses and such. But it had to be just the right kind of grass, not just any grass. He particularly liked a certain type in the front yard next to the driveway, side yard, and along the driveway on our walks. I think those 3 areas were all the same type of grass. A wider blade one that was evidently delicious. But he would go searching for just the right patch of grass lol I have seen Libby forage on grass at their place too but only a few times. Haven’t seen Franklin do it yet but he’s still a baby. And Gator used to eat when he was hungry and there was no making him do otherwise lol he would usually eat a little at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And sometimes even a little midnight snack after he got back inside from going potty for the last time lol not really midnight of course but still. And he liked eating after a lot of exercise like a big walk or something. I think Frank is shaping up to be the same, prefers lunch lol I think it’s a Pyrenees thing. Although Bingo is not a Pyrenees so maybe it is an LGD thing ha

Got some more seeds today LOL couldn’t resist!!

61840EBF-FF77-49A1-B403-599572A92480.jpeg

That’s probably what I need to do and wish I could but I am nowhere near that assertive lol heck, I even put off telling a client about my vacation so long that I never ended up telling her and I couldn’t go because I was so worried how she’d respond :oops:

And Todd is part Pyrenees, right? He sounds a lot like Gator used to be. Gator was always foraging and eating grasses and such. But it had to be just the right kind of grass, not just any grass. He particularly liked a certain type in the front yard next to the driveway, side yard, and along the driveway on our walks. I think those 3 areas were all the same type of grass. A wider blade one that was evidently delicious. But he would go searching for just the right patch of grass lol I have seen Libby forage on grass at their place too but only a few times. Haven’t seen Franklin do it yet but he’s still a baby. And Gator used to eat when he was hungry and there was no making him do otherwise lol he would usually eat a little at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And sometimes even a little midnight snack after he got back inside from going potty for the last time lol not really midnight of course but still. And he liked eating after a lot of exercise like a big walk or something. I think Frank is shaping up to be the same, prefers lunch lol I think it’s a Pyrenees thing. Although Bingo is not a Pyrenees so maybe it is an LGD thing ha
Karakachans are a very food driven breed.... just not Bingo.

As for foraging... he loooooves chicken poop.

Karakachans are a very food driven breed.... just not Bingo.

Oh wow. That is a bit odd then. But maybe he will grow out of it!! Or maybe he just hasn’t found “his” food yet? Every dog is different though so he might just be a less food motivated dog.

And thankfully Gator never ate their poop at least not that I saw, maybe once or twice. Libby is a poop eater sometimes so I think she would eat chicken poop ha thankfully she doesn’t eat her own or Frank’s.

Check it out!!!! Page 5000!! We’re in the big leagues now, folks!

Oh wow! That’s exciting! :celebrate:woot

Though we sure do talk a lot :lau

My biggest concern is the amount he eats. Some days he'll only eat a cup of food. I've tried numerous different brands, adding canned food and goat's milk.
I know some LGDs will do that. Eat a lot one day, nothing the next. All balances tout in the end.

I'm getting a big raise for this season :wee

Start back to work tomorrow (won't be every day yet)
Yea!!!! Of course the back to work part means less BYC time
BOOO!

:sick

I know some LGDs will do that. Eat a lot one day, nothing the next. All balances tout in the end.

Yea!!!! Of course the back to work part means less BYC time
BOOO!

:sick

Yup, that’s how Gator used to be and I think Frank is shaping up to be. They eat when they’re hungry and some days they just aren’t lol

Back
Top Bottom