The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Ok, so the big changes at work I mentioned...

The powers that be at the company that owns the golf course are concerned at how much money it costs to maintain the place. They have slashed the golf course budget in half and have instituted some changes to save money. The maintenance crew will be reduced from 5 full time people to 2.5. The club house personnel will be reduced from 3 full time and 2 part time to 2.5 people. The restaurant will be closed as soon as the majority of the food on hand is gone (probably in the upcoming 4-6 weeks). And let's not forget the enormous money they are going to save on cancelling the cable tv service to the tv in the bar.

The hours of operation for the course, pro shop and bar will remain the same...open 7 days a week from 7am-7:30pm but overtime will not be allowed (how that will be accomplished is anyone's guess with a total crew of 5 people).

In the meantime, no changes are being made to the main company...they are still hiring people, taking in summer interns, giving their employees 2 weeks per year of all-expense paid R&R and company expense accounts complete with credit cards, and giving every employee clothing allowances for their monogrammed shirts, winter coats, sweatshirts, overalls, etc.

Anywho...that's what's going on here. As for me, I'd just as soon get it over with the sooner the better. I don't like long lingering deaths or good byes.

The powers that be at the company that owns the golf course are concerned at how much money it costs to maintain the place. They have slashed the golf course budget in half and have instituted some changes to save money. The maintenance crew will be reduced from 5 full time people to 2.5. The club house personnel will be reduced from 3 full time and 2 part time to 2.5 people. The restaurant will be closed as soon as the majority of the food on hand is gone (probably in the upcoming 4-6 weeks). And let's not forget the enormous money they are going to save on cancelling the cable tv service to the tv in the bar.

The hours of operation for the course, pro shop and bar will remain the same...open 7 days a week from 7am-7:30pm but overtime will not be allowed (how that will be accomplished is anyone's guess with a total crew of 5 people).

In the meantime, no changes are being made to the main company...they are still hiring people, taking in summer interns, giving their employees 2 weeks per year of all-expense paid R&R and company expense accounts complete with credit cards, and giving every employee clothing allowances for their monogrammed shirts, winter coats, sweatshirts, overalls, etc.

Anywho...that's what's going on here. As for me, I'd just as soon get it over with the sooner the better. I don't like long lingering deaths or good byes.
It's always cracked me up as to how management comes up with the .5 personnel? :lau simply moronic!
I should clear up my statement...I know how it's done but it just doesn't make sense in the real world. Half a personnel, does that mean they only work half time and get half pay? SMH

Well, I can't like that. It sounds like a pretty half axed idea to me! Knowing what I do about turfgrass maintenance I cant figure out how they are going to make that work. Also; did they just decide to do this yesterday? They knew you were ordering and receiving food shipments as recently as a couple days ago! Coulda saved walk-in cooler repair dollars.... oh well, I'm sorry: they don't seem to appreciate your hard work, and that ticks me off!

Morning Debby. Sorry about the changes, looks way to familiar to me.

Thanks Bob.

It's always cracked me up as to how management comes up with the .5 personnel? :lau simply moronic!
I should clear up my statement...I know how it's done but it just doesn't make sense in the real world. Half a personnel, does that mean they only work half time and get half pay? SMH

Half a personnel means someone will work part time and earn half the amount they were making before. The half person may or may not be me...I've done every job in the club house. I just don't know that it's worth the trouble. I'm feeling a bit bitter and but trying hard not to.

Well, I can't like that. It sounds like a pretty half axed idea to me! Knowing what I do about turfgrass maintenance I cant figure out how they are going to make that work. Also; did they just decide to do this yesterday? They knew you were ordering and receiving food shipments as recently as a couple days ago! Coulda saved walk-in cooler repair dollars.... oh well, I'm sorry: they don't seem to appreciate your hard work, and that ticks me off!

This has been talked about & decided since March. But DH just found out last week, after he had hired people for the summer, after I'd prepped the kitchen for re-openinng. One of the "funny" things about all this is DH has always been able to work within a golf course budget, but this company has never once given him one...they just told him to fix it. Well he fixed it (it looked like a goat ranch when we got here). And now that it's "fixed" and it cost a lot to fix it, they tell him he's over budget. It's hard to work within a budget when you aren't given one.

The other funny thing about this, remember the boss' friend that he wanted us to hire? He knew this was coming when he told us to hire her. Now we get to let her go.

Craziness, but there you go.

Debby I'll second all the things already said. SMH at the "logic" of all that.

Are you going to take the time to be off or look for something else to keep busy?

It's just my feeling but upper management sees a nice course and a well run golf club house and figure the work is done. Guess they don't know grass continues to grow and things fall apart when they aren't managed.

I'm not going out looking for another job. For one thing, I get a pension from my 33 years in corporate America so get "paid" monthly. We have our 'fixer up house' in Casper as a fall back position if/when the time comes for DH to throw the towel in.

It's just my feeling but upper management sees a nice course and a well run golf club house and figure the work is done. Guess they don't know grass continues to grow and things fall apart when they aren't managed.

I'm not going out looking for another job. For one thing, I get a pension from my 33 years in corporate America so get "paid" monthly. We have our 'fixer up house' in Casper as a fall back position if/when the time comes for DH to throw the towel in.
Lots of reall nice golf courses here in Alabama! Can you say "Robert Trent Jones!" Just sayin'
byc eyebrows.gif

Thanks Bob.

Half a personnel means someone will work part time and earn half the amount they were making before. The half person may or may not be me...I've done every job in the club house. I just don't know that it's worth the trouble. I'm feeling a bit bitter and but trying hard not to.

This has been talked about & decided since March. But DH just found out last week, after he had hired people for the summer, after I'd prepped the kitchen for re-openinng. One of the "funny" things about all this is DH has always been able to work within a golf course budget, but this company has never once given him one...they just told him to fix it. Well he fixed it (it looked like a goat ranch when we got here). And now that it's "fixed" and it cost a lot to fix it, they tell him he's over budget. It's hard to work within a budget when you aren't given one.

The other funny thing about this, remember the boss' friend that he wanted us to hire? He knew this was coming when he told us to hire her. Now we get to let her go.

Craziness, but there you go.
:hugs
how stupid people get in charge of things i have no idea but they do seem too

Back
Top Bottom