The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

That sure is a lot of BLING, is he in a gang or something???

NFC was giving him a complex because he has a bare chest. Now he has to wear this bling to make himself feel worthy of existence. Poor liitle dood
facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

No..I got it right. Just wondered if she was home. I know you Debby.. :D
HOME for me... spent one night in the hospital... Had to drink one sixteen ounce bottle in five hours in order to do it. I was already taking my pills by mouth rather than injection yesterday....

I fell into bed {gently} and been asleep since My last post here. Thats modern surgery .... Eleventh in th am went in had my stommach mostly taken out.... Went to bed that night spent the day in Bariatric ward... Eating ice chiips walking and sleeping.... Spend another night and graduated to sips of water... Got patted on the head by the surgeon today "good job" surprised on my lack of pain... then got to see the charge nurse.. again glowing report and that I had graduated to sips of water not ice. and the assignment.... Sixteen hounces of water and I could go home....

She released me at one PM... Toook nother three hours to arrange things with lots of help. Ex military Chap was the CNA for this morning and I got to take a shour... was kind hesitant... But Man I needed hot water on my aching back.

deb

Deb, I am absolutely delighted with your news. Lots of us standing by asking if anyone had heard anything yet. I counseled “patience” but whoa....you blew that out the water. Now, I’m putting my “mommy” hat on.....be good, go slowly, move as much as you can safely tolerate so pneumonia doesn’t become an issue, and know that we love you! Okay, mommy hat off. For now!;)

We’re off tomorrow for two weeks in South Dakota so you all know the drill if you don’t hear from me. I’ll still try to keep up, but probably not post much. I’m so tired of all the traveling, and this trip is not only a long one in duration, but it’s a long drive with the van as packed as it is. Shoot, Kendra’s wheelchair, walker (which doesn’t fold either), and braces take a chunk of the back cargo area. Then her meds bag and catheters (do the math....cathing 5xdaily for the next 14 days is a lot of catheters), her enema supplies and suitcases for Jenny, Katie, and Kendra’s clothes pretty much take up their half. 2 garment bags, one with Ken’s Grand Lodge Uniform, his tuxedo, and his dress shoes, and the other with my 2 formals, Katie’s two formals, our dressy clothes for the public installation, mine and Ken’s suitcase with our casual clothes, 5 pairs of shoes, our game bag, the cooler eat up the rest.

I told Jenny not to let Gramma Gail (her mom) go overboard on taking the girls shopping again this time. Doubt that Gail will listen. She’s always calling me to chat and she’s just so grateful for all Ken and I do for the kids and grands that listening gets downright embarrassing at times. She has MS and lives in an gorgeous assisted living place that I sure would love myself. But with her illness and not being able to come out and help the kids, she overcompensates by taking them shopping and the sky’s the limit. She managed to get a vacant, furnished 2 bedroom apartment there at the Westport Inn where she lives, right down the hall from her apartment, so Jenny can be more comfortable taking care of Kendra’s needs yet be close to her mom. The Westport is only charging $75.00 a day, far better than a one room hotel room at $150 or more, and Gail is paying for it. Love that lady to pieces!

Okay, you all be good. Sean, no funny business - protect that hip. Debby, wear armor to work. Bruce, you keep ‘em in line. Cap, updates with baby pics if you please. And I’ll need to see more videos of The House That Love is Building and the progress. If I didn’t mention you, sorry. I’ve already taken my muscle relaxer and ...... shoot!! I just realized that my walker isn’t gonna fit in the van. Anyway, I’ve taken my muscle relaxer and my Ambien and my eyes are crossing here. Love you all!!

Deb, I am absolutely delighted with your news. Lots of us standing by asking if anyone had heard anything yet. I counseled “patience” but whoa....you blew that out the water. Now, I’m putting my “mommy” hat on.....be good, go slowly, move as much as you can safely tolerate so pneumonia doesn’t become an issue, and know that we love you! Okay, mommy hat off. For now!;)
Oh I listen to what my body says big time. Feeling pretty good so far. Sleep is something I needed Very Big time.

Funny thing that.... My dreams have changed... Less worried... Even the ones that were Dreams that repeated... better colors more defined more relaxed.

deb

Good morning all!

@Blooie safe travels, have fun and I already look forward to having you back :hugs

@perchie.girl you're doing well girl! Listen to Mama Blooie and keep us posted on your progress.

@igorsMistress I'm working on a little surprise for you...stay tuned :D

@DigMyChicks can you make it here today to help me whip out some desserts? I could use an extra pair of hands :p

@rjohns39 how's the dog this morning...nothing serious with this last issue, right?

Back
Top Bottom