The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

What's everyone up to this Sunday morning?
Working on taxes, I bet NO ONE here is doing anything more fun than that! :th

I hate to see her go as she’s good there but accounting is what she’s went to school for.
I bet her new job will be a lot quieter than her current one!

I have some blueberries that need to be used up.
Shhhh, don't tell @Blooie, you know how much she wants even MORE blueberries ;)

And DH just said he'd like pizza for tomorrow so guess I'm making the dough up today too. It always tastes best after it's sat in the fridge over night.
Hmmm, never heard of that before. DW asked for salmon tonight (from the freezer) and pizza tomorrow. Perhaps I should try making the dough today to be used tomorrow?

Hmmm, never heard of that before. DW asked for salmon tonight (from the freezer) and pizza tomorrow. Perhaps I should try making the dough today to be used tomorrow?
We are done with taxes and have written the checks:th
She is in the baby room, so a much quieter job.

I am going to work on the run and shovel poo today. Much better than taxes. DH already did ours.

Pizza dough is super easy to make Bruce and when you make pizza at home, it's very inexpensive (depending on what you put on it). I have a recipe for the dough I like in the Home Baker's thread and I think there are others there in the index as well.

Would you believe we got a whole 0.5mm (not sure what that equates to in inches) of rain. Let's hope March brings us some rain because the rest of this week isn't looking hopeful.

One of our OEGB's disappeared awhile ago and I thought the worst had happened. Then she'd occasionally appear and disappear, but she was very sneaky and we could never spot where she went (she'd wait until you were distracted to do her Houdini trick). She disappeared again and I managed to follow her back to her nest. She's well camouflaged but I do hope she gives it up soon. All the others are molting, so looks like I'll be buying eggs over winter. The resident geese are molting too - they keep leaving me lots of feathers, along with heaps of fertiliser (I had no idea geese pooped so much)!
Elsa's nest.jpg

And I had to share a photo of how much one of our cockatiels loves scritches. This is Lemmy who is our son's bird. He is the most tolerant, sweetest bird ever who adores our very energetic son.
Happy Lemmy.jpg

I'll be trying that pizza dough recipe @N F C as pizza is very popular at our house. And I've finally learnt the art of making focaccia bread and made the yummiest tomato focaccia loaf yesterday (it's pretty much the only bread our fussy son will eat, even when I wasn't making it right)!

You have been busy @rjohns39 - it all looks amazingly delicious. I've been meaning to try making homemade English muffins.

Can pizza dough be made with Bulger wheat? Asking for a friend. <sigh>

I was busy paring down the files for our new two drawer filing cabinet when a Ken came in carrying my jacket. He said, “Let’s go. You need to get out without it turning into a stressful shopping trip or errand.”

I didn’t know that’s just what I needed! We threw Fiona in the van and made a run up the North Fork. That’s the drive between Cody and Yellowstone. There were Big Horn Sheep, Bison, and deer around every curve, it seemed like! The scenery through there is always spectacular and today was no exception. Fee had to stay on leash, of course. With all of those smells, the thin ice on most of the river, and wide open spaces, I was afraid she'd get on a track and not come back when she’s called. She’s letter perfect in the house or out in the yard, but out there? Nope, don’t trust her yet. Just too many intense distractions.

I’m going to bed (before 3am, believe it or not!) so I’ll post pics in the morning. Nite!

Back
Top Bottom