The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

CapricornFarm

Chick Magnet!
Premium member
10 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
husband and i go early in the morning to get our seats and stay til they break for lunch before they start the big animals, sometimes that 1--2 in the afternoon, then we leave and have lunch(dinner ) on the way home. thats our date day i usually enjoy it unless some of the old farmers bring in junk, stuff i would throw into the garbage
Well at least you are not tempted to buy their junk! I hate how they handle some of the animals at times. I hope this place is better than the one I used to go to in TN.

N F C

Coffee up!
Staff member
Premium member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
The animal chat reminds me of my stop at TSC yesterday. I heard cheeping and went over to see a tank full of ducklings. An employee was standing directly opposite the tank and when I pointed out the ducklings didn't have any water, she just shrugged and said, yeah I know they drink it up too fast.

One more example why I never buy animals at farm stores. Way too much ignorance to deal with! :mad:

room onthebroom

Animal-a-holic
May 4, 2015
100 Acre Wood Pooh Corner, USA
The animal chat reminds me of my stop at TSC yesterday. I heard cheeping and went over to see a tank full of ducklings. An employee was standing directly opposite the tank and when I pointed out the ducklings didn't have any water, she just shrugged and said, yeah I know they drink it up too fast.

One more example why I never buy animals at farm stores. Way too much ignorance to deal with! :mad:

:mad: I try to float through public places as invisible as possible, but I would have been absolutely obnoxious about demanding she fill that up again. I'm not kidding about this. I would have stood there all day & talked to every employee in the store if I had to. I save up my bossiness for when its really important, then look out.

Blooie

Team Spina Bifida
Premium member
6 Years
Feb 25, 2014
Northwestern Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
Good morning! Slept in....long night last night. Long, hungry night! Went to a big pot luck down in Shoshoni. Every single thing served was homemade, even the breads and pies. Not a thing on those groaning tables that I can eat. I did manage a green salad, but had to picknout the tomatoes, which were chopped into the salad, and couldn’t have any of the dressings because of the phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. Ken took a piece of lemon meringue pie and gave me the meringue - I could eat that because it was egg whites. Got home at 1 am, starving but too tired to fix anything. Sure glad this kidney thing was caught AFTER his year as Grand Master - I could have starved to death during that year. <sigh>

sharron

Enabler
9 Years
May 12, 2010
scottdale pa
Yeah, I have had discussions with more than one guy at the auction handling animals roughly.
:thumbsup
Good morning! Slept in....long night last night. Long, hungry night! Went to a big pot luck down in Shoshoni. Every single thing served was homemade, even the breads and pies. Not a thing on those groaning tables that I can eat. I did manage a green salad, but had to picknout the tomatoes, which were chopped into the salad, and couldn’t have any of the dressings because of the phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. Ken took a piece of lemon meringue pie and gave me the meringue - I could eat that because it was egg whites. Got home at 1 am, starving but too tired to fix anything. Sure glad this kidney thing was caught AFTER his year as Grand Master - I could have starved to death during that year. <sigh>
morning or afternoon blooie, you're fasting whether you want to or not,,now do the detox for livers, might help, theres a soup recipe for detoxing the liver that you could eat maybe, i know it has hamburger meat, onion, yellow squash, zuccini, cannelloni beans, has dicec tomatoes buty you could leave those out

JaeG

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Sep 29, 2014
New Zealand
After a stinking hot and humid night the mist has rolled in this morning and I am so happy. We'll be shaded from that sun for awhile. There's a slight cool breeze wafting in the windows too. I took some photos before it really thickened up (my camera doesn't like misty mornings).
Misty morning 1.jpg Misty morning.jpg
Not much of a view this morning.

Hope you've had a good breakfast to make up for last night @Blooie . That would've been tough.

Speaking of breakfast I'd better have some myself.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom