The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi Chris!

Today I'm going to finish (?) burning some scrap wood, the best neighbor in the world & his g-son are coming to take away some heavy shelving units, and I'm really going to try to force myself to work on my closet. DS will be here pushing my aching bod through the day's activities. Oh, to have his energy!

What's up with you? I haven't been posting much but still dropping in during breaks to read up on my buddies.

Sounds like you have another busy one at your end. Just sleep, rugby, cricket and maybe a bit more rugby - thats about the long and short of my day and its just the way i like 'em! In fact, I'm retiring for my siesta now, so I'll see you later (if you have the time or energy
smile.png
).

Enjoy the siesta Chris, I'll get back here later to catch up with everyone!

The inspector came and went, hardly took an hour. He barely looked at things. Mostly he measured the outside of the house, asked questions about our new roof and took some interior pictures. Could it be that easy? Or maybe he was a trainee and didn't know to do more?

The inspector that checked things out when we were buying the house examined every detail, plumbing, appliances, the attic space, everything.

This guy said I would have to wait until next week to get a copy of his report.

Hmm...
idunno.gif

That is surprising. We sold our last house on a VA loan and the inspector's list was ridiculously long and picky - although the duration of his inspection was brief.

Maybe they are nicer or just lazier these days?

Hope he comes back with a pass his check list
fl.gif

I'm off from work today and thinking about going on a local "Spring Stroll". A walk thru beautiful private homes and gardens offered by volunteer home owners each year.
It's a fund raiser for one of our Historic Homes of America - The Hay House (to cover the high costs of maintenance for the house )- built 1855-1859 and is kept up in the original condition - it is supposed to be haunted
wink.png

DH says we should have offered a walk thru our "gardens" to view all our lush Poison Ivey and flowering weeds, growing everywhere this year
lau.gif

If anyone is interested, can post some pics of the event?

That is surprising. We sold our last house on a VA loan and the inspector's list was ridiculously long and picky - although the duration of his inspection was brief. Maybe they are nicer or just lazier these days? Hope he comes back with a pass his check list :fl I'm off from work today and thinking about going on a local "Spring Stroll". A walk thru beautiful private homes and gardens offered by volunteer home owners each year. It's a fund raiser for one of our Historic Homes of America - The Hay House (to cover the high costs of maintenance for the house )- built 1855-1859 and is kept up in the original condition - it is supposed to be haunted ;) DH says we should have offered a walk thru our "gardens" to view all our lush Poison Ivey and flowering weeds, growing everywhere this year :lau If anyone is interested, can post some pics of the event?
I am!

Back
Top Bottom