The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

$1.95 here. With the Sinclair app on my phone I can get it for $1.75 a gallon.
$0.20/gallon discount for using their app?? Wow.

I can't drink black coffee though. Gotta have some cream and a sweetener.
Depends on if it is good coffee or not!

It was very beautiful, but it's cold here. Our chimney was supposed to be installed this week but that got nixed by the lockdown, and although we are supposed to have stores open to provide us with necessities, nowhere open has heaters. It's going to be a chilly autumn at this rate and if we are locked down for 4 weeks, and it's looking likely that it will continue for an extra 2 weeks, it'll be rather chilly by the end of all this.

I'm cold. :hit But I'll survive. I can't even buy winter clothes (and I desperately need some).
Here having heat would be considered part of safety and health. Both are acceptable reasons for a business to stay open or for a person to go buy things. The people who service furnaces aren't doing "annual maintenance" but they will go out for repairs to non functioning units. And of course they are still delivering oil and propane.

one chain of butchers stocked up only to be told they had to close meaning they will lose 3 million dollars and all that meat goes to waste). Fruit and vege shops are in the same position. In a country where so many do live in poverty its a disgusting waste.
That is crazy! What are people supposed to eat, the paint on the walls? What do you do when that is gone? Food stores NEED to be open. I don't care if they let people in or have them call and order and pick up outside the store, people and their animals need to eat.

Here having heat would be considered part of safety and health. Both are acceptable reasons for a business to stay open or for a person to go buy things. The people who service furnaces aren't doing "annual maintenance" but they will go out for repairs to non functioning units. And of course they are still delivering oil and propane.

That is crazy! What are people supposed to eat, the paint on the walls? What do you do when that is gone? Food stores NEED to be open. I don't care if they let people in or have them call and order and pick up outside the store, people and their animals need to eat.

Unless you are a major supermarket or a corner dairy (very mini supermarket really, but most dairies sell more junk food than actual food) you can't open. I do have to wonder why they get special treatment and who in the decision making chain has shares in them.

I think companies and people should have been given a lot longer to prepare. It should have been decided weeks ago which businesses were essential to give companies time to run stock down (one chain of butchers stocked up only to be told they had to close meaning they will lose 3 million dollars and all that meat goes to waste). Fruit and vege shops are in the same position. In a country where so many do live in poverty its a disgusting waste.

The panic comes when there's uncertainty or its all left to the last minute.

The experts on the front line knew where we were headed. People needed to be given time to prepare.

And when the deputy prime minister refused to go into lockdown when it was decided over 70s needed to be a week or so ago (he's over 70), you can't blame people for now going to the beach or for a bike ride (which they are cracking down on).

Seriously, don't get me started. :lol:

Things deemed essential can still go through the postal service but that will be very slow.

DH just found out from the plumber who was supposed to install our chimney that currently heating homes is not deemed to be essential work. I'm pretty disgusted by that!
Wow, it's a shame the butcher couldn't donate that meat to people who need resources rather than let it go to waste. As for disorganized disaster, I think a lot of people feel the same about the whole mess ;)

Back
Top Bottom