The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Ice that is too thin would not make for a good ice fishing outing. :gig
Ice that is ice scares me away !:frow can tell you I fell through a couple times in my life . I went under the ice in a car accident in February 1985 . The whole car was under water It it rolled over and broke through . I had to kick the windows out to get out and swim to the surface . It was so cold I walked home just a mile, and my clothing froze stiff my wife stood them up in the corner to thaw them . I came down with pneumonia a couple days later . The other time I was bragging to my wife about how thick the ice was and at that moment there was a crack then a splash but that time I was on my own lake . But there was a lot of safe ice fishing trips also . No more now it would kill me :eek::clap

Ice that is ice scares me away !:frow can tell you I fell through a couple times in my life . I went under the ice in a car accident in February 1985 . The whole car was under water It it rolled over and broke through . I had to kick the windows out to get out and swim to the surface . It was so cold I walked home just a mile, and my clothing froze stiff my wife stood them up in the corner to thaw them . I came down with pneumonia a couple days later . The other time I was bragging to my wife about how thick the ice was and at that moment there was a crack then a splash but that time I was on my own lake . But there was a lot of safe ice fishing trips also . No more now it would kill me :eek::clap

Just the thought of falling through ice would keep me off of it. You were so lucky!

I got a question ! It's a little cold inside and I want to make ciabatta . Do you think if I filled a big pot with warm water then put another pot inside I could rise my dough that way ?

That's what I was thinking :yesss::celebrate

You could try that.

Another way of doing it is to put a big dish of water in your microwave and heat it up (that releases steam), then remove the water and put your dough in the microwave for a while.

Sometimes when it's chilly in my house, I put my dough on top of the clothes dryer if the dryer is running.

Back
Top Bottom