The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Morning Ron!

There isn't going to be a restaurant at the golf course this year.

There was a change in company management in 2019 and he went on a cost cutting spree. The restaurant almost closed that year but employees got up in arms about it. So instead he made a rule that employees were not allowed to go off site for lunches. That just about killed off the restaurant biz.

Last year, the whole course was closed so no restaurant. This year the course will be open but not the restaurant.

Guess that's a long way of saying, the boss got what he wanted after all!

P.S. But of course, other expenses like company logo-ed clothing for all employees is still paid for. As well as the company jet. And the company paid yearly vacations at company-owned resorts are still paid for. Oh well :rolleyes:
What a weird thing to do!

At least you get to retire though :thumbsup

I made a trip to Menard's this afternoon. Picked up 2 tomato plants, a 6-pack of marigolds, 2 large pots, 2 big bags of soil, a garden trowel and 2 tomato cages. For $85 these better be some of the best tasting tomatoes ever.
I hope they are too! Soil is not cheap. I buy that Miracle Gro dirt every year and add it to my field dirt to make it stretch further in my pots.
Are you going to pot them in planters then?
What is a garden trowel?

I hope they are too! Soil is not cheap. I buy that Miracle Gro dirt every year and add it to my field dirt to make it stretch further in my pots.
Are you going to pot them in planters then?
What is a garden trowel?

Yep, I'll put the plants in pots. That's one thing I'll be able to reuse every year.

A garden trowel looks like this:
garden trowel.jpg

Sort of like a small hand shovel. It's really useful for potting plants.

Yep, I'll put the plants in pots. That's one thing I'll be able to reuse every year.

A garden trowel looks like this:
View attachment 2630557

Sort of like a small hand shovel. It's really useful for potion plants.
That looks like a nice one.
On the topic of gardening (IM will remember these) :lol:

View attachment 2630575View attachment 2630576
View attachment 2630577
View attachment 2630578
(I hope my tomatoes don't turn out like that, I'll be afraid to eat them.)
Those are cool pictures:D

Back
Top Bottom