The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Watched my middle sister recover from toe surgery. I will just deal with the bunion and hammer toe pain. It would be impossible for me to be immobilized - Princess would have to lock me in a room and throw food in through the door.

How do you know that's not what happened here? You been spying on us Sour?
lol.png

It's snowing! Great, big, huge flakes...looks like that chicken in the sky must be molting
big_smile.png

I cannot believe what a wonderful job you have done with those babies, I think you are a star - I expect when you finally let them go - they won't leave or at least will come back to visit
clap.gif

Thanks whoop whoop - yeah, I can't see us giving these babies up. I have to say I do adore them and look forward to each feed. I really didn't think those poor baby finches were going to make it when I first brought them in and tried to feed them. They just seemed too weak, but they are doing so well and are so funny. They'll be stuffed full of food but they still cheep and beg as soon as you touch them - instinct is amazing.

I'm glad Beast is back to his old self. I agree with drumstick diva - maggots are my worst nightmare. I can cope with just about anything, but not them!

My camera must show up yellow much more than the naked eye - I'm always amazed at how much left over food shows up on their faces! I can't believe I miss so much.

Pie is starting to get a lot of blue on the edge of his/her wing. Rosie is showing the tiniest hint at the moment.

I can't wait to see how they feather in. They should look just like their Daddy, Lucky, who is a cinnamon.
Here he is...

Howdy folks
frow.gif

Not sure if I am coming or going at the moment
roll.png
Hubby got a start date of the 20th of March and is leaving here on the 6th, that gives us 2 x weekends to get stuff organised and what he is taking with him in the car, including the fish ponds which are still in the ground with fish in them
hmm.png

J I can’t resist the big, brown eyes the Langshan’s have. Luvy & Valentine and Rosie Posie & Pie are getting cuter by the day!

whoop whoop good to see Beast up and about again. Nice pictures!

Diva yep, Tasmania, Victoria and NSW have cold winters and snow.

Beautiful sunrise DMC!

Gotta dash .. follow up Cardiologist appointment. I suppose sitting for a couple of hours in the hospital waiting room listening to my mp3 player beats working
wink.png

Last edited:
J, Lucky is handsome. Have you had him long?
Lucky is still quite young. I think we found him in October or November to go with Pinkie Pie. I do love his colours. And he's such a sweet boy (unlike Pinkie Pie who is a bit of a grump). I feel a bit mean that he missed out on doing his part as the male takes over the feeding once the babies come out of the nest, but Pie is definitely the more dominant chick and poor little Rosie must've been missing out on quite a bit. But I'm glad I kept the chicks together as they are very sweet to each other, preening each other and cuddling up together.

Teila, our son always tells me that Mum's Langshan has sad eyes. They do have such big, soulful eyes.

Howdy folks
frow.gif

Not sure if I am coming or going at the moment
roll.png
Hubby got a start date of the 20th of March and is leaving here on the 6th, that gives us 2 x weekends to get stuff organised and what he is taking with him in the car, including the fish ponds which are still in the ground with fish in them
hmm.png

J I can’t resist the big, brown eyes the Langshan’s have. Luvy & Valentine and Rosie Posie & Pie are getting cuter by the day!

whoop whoop good to see Beast up and about again. Nice pictures!

Diva yep, Tasmania, Victoria and NSW have cold winters and snow.

Beautiful sunrise DMC!

Gotta dash .. follow up Cardiologist appointment. I suppose sitting for a couple of hours in the hospital waiting room listening to my mp3 player beats working
wink.png

lau.gif
Sorry just had to, the fish! hope all goes well at the Cardiologist, tell him you need something nuclear to get thru this. Are you taking the fish? Best way is a clear thick plastic bag and blow up with air - they should last 5 hours.

Can you get a packing company in?

I am really feeling for you and DH right now and I wish you everything luck in the world -
hugs.gif

Just have to say that is an old pic of Beast he is not quite as formidable now but getting there.

Back
Top Bottom