The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Ok Caught up this AM its almost 8... Didnt sleep well at all... Guiness and I had a conversation last night... He won. And I paid for it.

Good morinin Everyone.... I would say its been pleasently cold here for a change... Down to the fifties at night... and sixties/seventies in the day... Northern California is burning again.... used to be lots of forest up there....

Got to fix grandma breakfast then escape for a couple of hours.

deb

A pig in a raincoat would be so cute!

We had a bit of excitement in our neighbourhood last night. There was an almighty BOOM and the whole house shook. 4 houses up there was masses of smoke coming out of their backyard and then some flames. Our immediate neighbour, who is into cars, said it felt/sounded like an asthetalline tank has exploded. The volunteer fire fighters were there pretty quick to put it out. We were most concerned because along the back of all the houses there are massive eucalyptus trees (it's a miracle one hasn't fallen over) so if the fire reached them they'd go up with a roar. So much for the kids going to bed at a decent hour!

We had a bit of excitement in our neighbourhood last night. There was an almighty BOOM and the whole house shook. 4 houses up there was masses of smoke coming out of their backyard and then some flames. Our immediate neighbour, who is into cars, said it felt/sounded like an asthetalline tank has exploded. The volunteer fire fighters were there pretty quick to put it out. We were most concerned because along the back of all the houses there are massive eucalyptus trees (it's a miracle one hasn't fallen over) so if the fire reached them they'd go up with a roar. So much for the kids going to bed at a decent hour!
Oh wow. Did you find out what it was for sure?

We have alot of Eucalyptus trees here in California They do catch fire and go up with a mighty blaze... Or fall over occasionally in the wind.... I hear some species make great hardwood floors VEry pretty wood...

The railroad planted a few forests about a hundred years ago... Thinking they could use the wood for Railroad ties because of its Resistance to insects... But they planted the wrong species and the logs cracked.... Or something like that... Trees naturalized...

deb

Back
Top Bottom