The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Honestly the only fun thing on that list is drink more coffee!
I like checking on my chickens! Not so much when it is really cold though. I go to them about 9:00 AM yesterday to open the barn, pass out treats and collect 5 eggs. I went back out 2 hours later since it was so cold, didn't want any eggs to freeze and NOT ONE egg! If I'm going to suit up and go out I should be rewarded with at least 1 egg.

That will be us in a few hours. Mr. NOAA was wrong about one thing last night/this morning and no one is complaining. It was supposed to be -10°F at 6 AM, meaning closer to -15°F for us. But it was -8°F at 8 or 9 last night and started warming, it was 0°F at 8 AM :D

Me too though it was worse when I got laid off/retired July 2013. Now I can get a decent idea of what day it is by when DD1 and DW are home during the day though Monday being a Federal holiday will mess that up. DW isn't usually home on Mondays.

But that is kind of like using a dictionary to look up a word to see how it is spelled. If you can't spell it, it can be hard to find. It will take a long time to find "sighcologist".

If you don't know what day yesterday was, looking at a calendar isn't going to be much help figuring out what day today is. Fortunately we do have BYC and people will post "Happy hump day" or TGIF so that narrows it down to just a few possibilities as long as you know what month it is.
mil used to ask me, if you can't spell it, how can you look it up in the dictionary. always told her, i have a general idea how to spell it so no problem:gig

I like checking on my chickens! Not so much when it is really cold though. I go to them about 9:00 AM yesterday to open the barn, pass out treats and collect 5 eggs. I went back out 2 hours later since it was so cold, didn't want any eggs to freeze and NOT ONE egg! If I'm going to suit up and go out I should be rewarded with at least 1 egg.

You know, Igor threatens my crew with the BBQ in situations like that :gig

Back
Top Bottom