The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

This always comes out perfect for me, moist and delicious, and super easy, and if you need it gluten free just substitute the flour for the gluten free mix.

Dark Chocolate Cake

1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (mine is always a generous half cup)
1/2 cup oil (any)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350F.

Measure sugar, milk, yoghurt, oil, vanilla, and salt into a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Add the eggs then process for 20-30 seconds until pale and creamy.

Sift together then add the dry ingredients to the food processor bowl and mix in 1-2 second bursts until evenly mixed (my burst are usually a bit longer).

Pour into a greased/lined cake pan.

Bake in the centre of the oven for 35-40 mins or until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let it stand for 3-5 mins before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.

That sounds delicious!! 😍😍

I think I am going to make a cake later too but vanilla. Maybe brownies too lol

The cashier was telling us about a woman that came in looking for dried beans but the store was sold out. The cashier asked her what she wanted to make with them...the customer said she didn't even know how to cook with them, she just thought she should have some on hand. :th
Good grief!
Maybe they're broke after spending all their money on stuff they don't need. :p
Could be:lol:
She wants chocolate & you know chocolate can be notoriously dry. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe add extra oil & an extra duck egg? Maybe make brownies in cake pans & stack them? I welcome any advice.
Chocolate Crazy Cake...never dry!

:yuckyuck:gig:lau We were in the grocery store when this craziness started and I'm convinced the hoarders had no idea why they were buying things, but they had lists. I got a real laugh out the person who had to have a 100 pounds of popcorn and another who needed lots of salt. So the one loaded up on orville redenbacher and the other iodized table salt. :lau:gigThe reason popcorn is on the prepper's list because its easy to store long term and corn meal is an essential for homemade things. But if you wanna turn popcorn into cornmeal, you have to have a mill. Salt is for canning and curing meats, the last thing you want to use for that is iodized salt.

Sorry folks, I'm rambling...:gig

DH picked up a bag of popcorn every time he went into the store. I finally said, "We have popcorn, whats wrong with you?" He said, "You're a popcorn addict & I fear for my safety if we run out." :oops::lau

Back
Top Bottom