The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Our internet runs through my mobile phone
That wouldn't work well here, the cell phone signal is so weak we can barely get a text, forget voice calls.

Or maybe that's a spy thing and we can't make you talk
Isn't that what you DO with a spy you catch? MAKE them talk?

They don't mean distancing online! Or wait, do they? View attachment 2080072
Yep, everyone has to stay 3' from their computer so there is a 6' gap between the participants.

The Canadian government is paying $500/week for people in quarantine.
Wow, $2K a month?

I just got called into work. I'm really not sure that I want to go...
What are the virus stats like up your way?

Above freezing is good!

We should get up to 60* today, that's going to feel like a heat wave.
Now THAT weather you can send to us!! Someone is sending us near or below freezing, rain tomorrow, snow Friday.

That wouldn't work well here, the cell phone signal is so weak we can barely get a text, forget voice calls.

Isn't that what you DO with a spy you catch? MAKE them talk?

Yep, everyone has to stay 3' from their computer so there is a 6' gap between the participants.

Wow, $2K a month?

Now THAT weather you can send to us!! Someone is sending us near or below freezing, rain tomorrow, snow Friday.
Wow, $2K a month?

Yup, 2k a month, regardless of what your normal income is.

Our stats aren't anything like down there, but we've got a lot less of a population.
Quebec broke 10K today. Alberta is about 1500.

How's Vermont doing?

The number of new cases here is falling now that we are halfway through lockdown. It was 67 on Tuesday, 50 on Wednesday and only 29 today (just to confuse all of you where it's still Wednesday). There is no question of the government easing lockdown until at least another two weeks has passed which I wholeheartedly agree with. And they are looking at how to handle anybody coming into the country from that point onwards. There may well be a mandatory, monitored quarantine for anyone entering the country. I think the borders will stay shut to all non-residents for awhile. Schools look like they'll stay shut for awhile too.

Our son has been wanting a rabbit for the longest time and saving his pennies. Rex rabbits are hard to find here but there's a beautiful white one I found for sale closeby. I love Rex rabbits because of their gorgeous fur and they are a bigger rabbit so it will be less tempting for him to try and pick her up, though he doesn't pick up our cats so I don't think that will be a problem. DS loves her because she has red eyes (red is his favourite colour). I've written to the lady and said we would love to give her a home once lockdown is over.

Hope everyone has had a good day. It's a windy day here with the odd shower. We need so much more rain. Up here they'd worked out that they need 100mm (a smidge under 4 inches) per month for 7 months to get the reservoirs back to where they should be because it has been so dry here for such an extended period of time. I don't like our chances!

morning everyone :frow
its 53* here now, kinda cool but still not bad but next week i could live without, going back down to 29 at nights, maybe i should have waited to plant a few things but y'all know how it is, you want to get outside in the garden so bad that you forget we still could get , what do they call it? onion snow? i remember years and years ago on easter sunday we got a snow that went up to my ankles and i had on heels for church
anyway everyone have a good day

morning everyone :frow
its 53* here now, kinda cool but still not bad but next week i could live without, going back down to 29 at nights, maybe i should have waited to plant a few things but y'all know how it is, you want to get outside in the garden so bad that you forget we still could get , what do they call it? onion snow? i remember years and years ago on easter sunday we got a snow that went up to my ankles and i had on heels for church
anyway everyone have a good day
Good morning Sharron! :frow

Hope y'all don't get anymore snow! We have a cold front coming through today....going to have severe thunderstorms with all the humidity, the unstable atmosphere and the front, going to make for a nervous day.

Back
Top Bottom