The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

It's a lovely sunny day here. It started out cold but its warming up nicely.

We had a power cut at some point last night but my eggs seem fine. The 2 eggs that were the last to show development turned into blood rings but the other 7 are doing great (and that's still more than enough babies, especially when I've just recently read about projectile duckling poop)! 🤣 We are about halfway there, day 16 today.

It's a lovely sunny day here. It started out cold but its warming up nicely.

We had a power cut at some point last night but my eggs seem fine. The 2 eggs that were the last to show development turned into blood rings but the other 7 are doing great (and that's still more than enough babies, especially when I've just recently read about projectile duckling poop)! 🤣 We are about halfway there, day 16 today.

7 ducklings would be nice to get, keep us posted on how things turn out :fl

DH just told me a semi went down a boat ramp up river. He had to let emergency trucks into the course property so they could stretch a boom across the river in an attempt to block fuel from floating down the river.

Now how the heck does a truck driver mistake a river boat ramp from a highway exit ramp? The boat ramp is no where near the highway.
Bad GPS directions?

Thanks Bob! One year I brought a bunch of her paintings out to the fair and I didn’t tell her in case she didn’t do well. For the first time in 20 years she decided to come home for the fair. She had all first place but one. In that category it was supposed to be to turn junk into art. She painted on an old milk can and apparently that wasn’t considered junk so she got second. It was fun to see her reaction as she had no clue.:D
That was very clever!

California is projectected to peak in covid-19 cases May 13th. and then keep sheltering in place for 6 weeks after that. Sometime in mid July we will be off of lockdown but I doubt any where near back to normal

I am concerned as to what will happen when we are off lockdown. There will still be some out there shedding the virus, and others that have not been exposed. That sounds like a prescription for a resurgence of disease to me.

I bought myself crayons(generic) at Dollar Tree but couldn't find a coloring book. :mad: I am NOT an artist but by some twist of fate, my son is quite accomplished.

I was very good at hybridizing plants(streptocarpus) but the market bottomed out years ago & the electric bill was scary.

One young buck wiped out my years of growing gorgeous, and very expensive hosta plants. I don't feel like trying that again.

Can't resume my distance walking, too many people remember me - and they don't practice social distancing.

What I am best at, can't do alone :hit.IF this virus carp ever ends I can't see things going back to what was normal.

Think I need to re-invent myself:oops:

Back
Top Bottom