The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

How sad! Does he know you had to put it down? I would not have been able to shut my mouth.

I like you with a little spunk Debby:lol:

When he told me he missed hearing the crowing I told him "someone" complained and my beautiful guy had to be put down. His response? He got red and said "Oh". :rolleyes:

Sometimes my spunk gets a bit out of hand. :lol:

So the company guy that lives in the next-to-us company house just came over. He's unhappy that his grass is getting long and brown and wanted to know what DH was going to do about it. I explained to him and DH hasn't been able to hire anyone and he was caring for all 25 acres of the golf course by himself, working 12-14 hour days. Gee, I feel really bad he might have to water his own patch of yard and maybe even mow it...NOT! Ugh.
steamroller.gif

I just found out that a friend of mine's son went to feed their chickens and a heat light exploded in his face. I don't know all the details, but I guess he lost the vision in one eye. I hate heat lamps, those things are way too dangerous.
Oh my goodness, that's horrible! Poor kid.

Hi everyone, sorry I disappeared there. Life kinda went to hell in a handbag.

My beloved Nan, who had recently turned 90, was admitted to hospital. She'd developed an awful cough and her heart was racing. She had thyroid cancer a couple of years ago and had to have a pacemaker put in too, but sadly they found that she now had stage 4 lung cancer. Initially it was hoped they could stabilise her and she would be able to go back to my parents house where we would be able to see her and at least get to say goodbye as they thought we would get a month or two with her. But sadly she didn't stabilise and she slipped away one night. So we are all very upset to lose her.

And then DH was informed on Friday that he was being made redundant, effective immediately. In New Zealand you cannot do that - there's a consultation process you must follow if you are restructuring your business and the company he worked for did not follow any of the correct procedures. He's raising a personal grievance because, on top of not following New Zealand employment laws the justification they have given doesn't stack up.

We will be fine so don't worry, and I do love having him around rather than only being here briefly twice a week. It just isn't right how he's been treated though which makes me angry.

So that's me at the moment. :th

Hi everyone, sorry I disappeared there. Life kinda went to hell in a handbag.

My beloved Nan, who had recently turned 90, was admitted to hospital. She'd developed an awful cough and her heart was racing. She had thyroid cancer a couple of years ago and had to have a pacemaker put in too, but sadly they found that she now had stage 4 lung cancer. Initially it was hoped they could stabilise her and she would be able to go back to my parents house where we would be able to see her and at least get to say goodbye as they thought we would get a month or two with her. But sadly she didn't stabilise and she slipped away one night. So we are all very upset to lose her.

And then DH was informed on Friday that he was being made redundant, effective immediately. In New Zealand you cannot do that - there's a consultation process you must follow if you are restructuring your business and the company he worked for did not follow any of the correct procedures. He's raising a personal grievance because, on top of not following New Zealand employment laws the justification they have given doesn't stack up.

We will be fine so don't worry, and I do love having him around rather than only being here briefly twice a week. It just isn't right how he's been treated though which makes me angry.

So that's me at the moment. :th
That is a lot to happen in a short time!

We are seeing a lot of devestating things here too. Luckily my Family is doing fine so far but the future is dicey!

Back
Top Bottom