The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi everyone, sorry I disappeared there. Life kinda went to hell in a handbag.

My beloved Nan, who had recently turned 90, was admitted to hospital. She'd developed an awful cough and her heart was racing. She had thyroid cancer a couple of years ago and had to have a pacemaker put in too, but sadly they found that she now had stage 4 lung cancer. Initially it was hoped they could stabilise her and she would be able to go back to my parents house where we would be able to see her and at least get to say goodbye as they thought we would get a month or two with her. But sadly she didn't stabilise and she slipped away one night. So we are all very upset to lose her.

And then DH was informed on Friday that he was being made redundant, effective immediately. In New Zealand you cannot do that - there's a consultation process you must follow if you are restructuring your business and the company he worked for did not follow any of the correct procedures. He's raising a personal grievance because, on top of not following New Zealand employment laws the justification they have given doesn't stack up.

We will be fine so don't worry, and I do love having him around rather than only being here briefly twice a week. It just isn't right how he's been treated though which makes me angry.

So that's me at the moment. :th
Sorry Jae:hugs

Good morning folks :frow

My beloved Nan, who had recently turned 90, was admitted to hospital. She'd developed an awful cough and her heart was racing. She had thyroid cancer a couple of years ago and had to have a pacemaker put in too, but sadly they found that she now had stage 4 lung cancer. Initially it was hoped they could stabilise her and she would be able to go back to my parents house where we would be able to see her and at least get to say goodbye as they thought we would get a month or two with her. But sadly she didn't stabilise and she slipped away one night. So we are all very upset to lose her.

And then DH was informed on Friday that he was being made redundant, effective immediately. In New Zealand you cannot do that - there's a consultation process you must follow if you are restructuring your business and the company he worked for did not follow any of the correct procedures. He's raising a personal grievance because, on top of not following New Zealand employment laws the justification they have given doesn't stack up.

We will be fine so don't worry, and I do love having him around rather than only being here briefly twice a week. It just isn't right how he's been treated though which makes me angry.

Jae, I'm so sorry. That's a lot to happen all at once. Hopefully, the government can make it right for your husband. :hugs:hugs

Hi Jae, so sorry to hear about your Nan :hugs

I hope things are made right for your DH, it sounds like he has good grounds for challenging how things were done.

Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Here's a question for you all...yesterday at the grocery store the entire dairy case was empty...no milk, cream, 1/2 & 1/2, nothing at all. There were 2 signs posted, one was that eggs were out (not a big surprise) and the second sign said if anyone needs dairy, an employee would have to get it for them.

Is there a shortage on milk products or is this just something weird going on with my store?

Back
Top Bottom