The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

We used to get raw Jersey milk from a Dairy near us when I was college age. We skimmed the cream off of the milk and either used it in coffee, whipped cream or made butter. We took our own gallon jars to them and they filled them up from the tank.

It was so good!
I grew up on milk like that. It was so good and cold from the bulk tank. When we moved to town after my dad got sick adjusting to store bought was terrible.
Good morning everyone!
Hi Debby!
Good morning folks :frow

Jae, loved the pics especially the cow :love

Cappy :hugs:hugs

:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day
Hi Bob!

I sure hope it cools off for those of you afflicted with the heat soon.

We've had windy, cloudy days. It's not that cold, but I'd still like to see the sun.

We let our little ones run around this morning before we caged them up by the coop with the big girls (who are cautiously curious but not overly happy). They loved it and they really stick together as a little group.

Poor Bikkie was being blown sideways. 🤣
View attachment 2274259
View attachment 2274261
View attachment 2274260
View attachment 2274262

That's why we got cows. We are currently paying a small fortune for raw milk because my stomach doesn't like it any other way, so I'm looking forward to having my own supply. Three of our girls I will breed from and one in particular I'm sure will be good to milk. She's a Murray Grey x Jersey and she is the sweetest thing. 🥰

View attachment 2274268

We have another very friendly girl but she's pretty pushy when it comes to food so I think she's going to be just a bit too opinionated to milk. She's always licking me and trying to eat me for some reason too. :confused:

Our neighbour offered us the use of his Jersey bull once they are old enough which is awesome!
Beautiful pictures Jae! That cow:love

I sure hope it cools off for those of you afflicted with the heat soon.

We've had windy, cloudy days. It's not that cold, but I'd still like to see the sun.

We let our little ones run around this morning before we caged them up by the coop with the big girls (who are cautiously curious but not overly happy). They loved it and they really stick together as a little group.

Poor Bikkie was being blown sideways. 🤣
View attachment 2274259
View attachment 2274261
View attachment 2274260
View attachment 2274262

That's why we got cows. We are currently paying a small fortune for raw milk because my stomach doesn't like it any other way, so I'm looking forward to having my own supply. Three of our girls I will breed from and one in particular I'm sure will be good to milk. She's a Murray Grey x Jersey and she is the sweetest thing. 🥰

View attachment 2274268

We have another very friendly girl but she's pretty pushy when it comes to food so I think she's going to be just a bit too opinionated to milk. She's always licking me and trying to eat me for some reason too. :confused:

Our neighbour offered us the use of his Jersey bull once they are old enough which is awesome!
very nice jae, the chicks and the moo, i had a couple of dairy dexters for a few years, momma and her two daughters, loved the milk with cream altho i never made butter
broke my heart to have to sell them when we became snow birds .

Back
Top Bottom