The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Those all sound delicious! :drool
The beef tacos are much more like carnitas than tacos from ground beef but were very good. The others were as well. Until I tried it, you would have never been able to convince me that you could get crispy chicken out of a crock pot. The tuscan chicken cooks on top of the veg and juices and the skin comes out crispy.

The beef tacos are much more like carnitas than tacos from ground beef but were very good. The others were as well. Until I tried it, you would have never been able to convince me that you could get crispy chicken out of a crock pot. The tuscan chicken cooks on top of the veg and juices and the skin comes out crispy.

What type of beef did you use for the tacos? I've only made them using ground beef but it might be nice to try something different.

What type of beef did you use for the tacos? I've only made them using ground beef but it might be nice to try something different.
Chuck Roast. Here's the recipe, it's from the group you found for me. Beef Tacos. We're finishing them up today. Two dinners and a lunch. Just to give it a bit more heat I added a tsp of chipolte pepper. I think a whole chipolte pepper diced with some adobo sauce would be nice too. Also on my list to try is the Paella next week.

It's Friday!!! good morning all
Good morning Cheepteach :frow enjoy your Friday

Good morning everyone. Expecting state wide thunderstorms on top of still close to a million customers without power. I predict a statewide uptick in Covid cases. :(
Good morning Sour :frowhave a great Friday , hope your power stays on 🤔 you didn't lose power before did you ?

@rjohns39 I think it was you that talked about crockpot recipes a while back?

This is one we really enjoy, maybe it's something you'd like to try.

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Cup ketchup
1/3 Cup molasses
1/3 Cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
** we thought it needed a bit more heat so I add 3 Tablespoons Sriracha sauce to the mix

Put the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Whisk the other ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 3-4 hours until chicken is tender enough to shred.

This makes plenty for several sandwiches or however else you'd like to have it.
I just bought some liquid smoke so I can try this recipe Debby. I’m glad I saw it before I left the house, thanks!:D

Chuck Roast. Here's the recipe, it's from the group you found for me. Beef Tacos. We're finishing them up today. Two dinners and a lunch. Just to give it a bit more heat I added a tsp of chipolte pepper. I think a whole chipolte pepper diced with some adobo sauce would be nice too. Also on my list to try is the Paella next week.

That looks easy enough, I like sounds of the pork roast idea someone in the comments mentioned too.

Paella...one of our all time favorites! I wonder how they do the rice so it's not mushy though?

Hope you like it DMC!
Me too!! I had all ingredients but the smoke on hand.

2D10B9F9-6428-4132-8385-2D2FB19811F8.jpeg

Older grand daughter is heading home. Because of the fact that her sister is in 'quarantine' here prior to heading to Syracuse we were unable to visit with her cousins, and life with the grand parents during 'lockdown' is a bit boring. She ran dogs with me and went fishing yesterday, but is getting antsy. I will face high anxiety when she pulls out of the driveway in her car. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom