The are mountain bark beetles

View attachment 2350137
View attachment 2350138
View attachment 2350139
View attachment 2350140
More images

Mountain pine beetle
Insect

The mountain pine beetle is a species of bark beetle native to the forests of western North America from Mexico to central British Columbia. It has a hard black exoskeleton, and measures approximately 5 mm, about the size of a grain of rice. Wikipedia
These are awful and explains the dire situation you are all in. What a mess, I just don't know what to say :(. I really feel for you people. If there was a way to poison them a heap of wildlife would go with them. I'm sorry for stating the obvious

rj, we didn't wait til tomorrow, i opened one for dinner, not like the store bought but quite tasty, will be making this for now on and leaving the store bought at the store, the more you drink, the more you want, makes a craving for it:D
thank you so much for the recipe
If you tweak it, let me know how... This is always a work in progress.

hi everyone, :frow
just thought i would say hi and that i'm still around, just busy as usual and then after everything is done i just want to take a shower and go to bed, lately i've been feeling kinda of weird so not really feeling very social , please forgive me , husband says we need to start taking geritol, maybe we should, both of us are always tired lately
sorry for the pity party
Good to hear from you Sharron! Maybe it’s the change of season that’s getting to you. The days are shorter than the night now and still getting shorter. I seem to be feeling it a lot more than usual this year. Plus not doing the normal activities due to the pandemic...it’s all a crazy mess.

Forest management can help but It has been the same here since the miner 49er times. It does not explain the increase in intensity of the fires now. If it was only forest management, it would have been this bad 50 years ago. Brush will grow so much and then lack of sunlight and etc. would stop the increase.

Now that the extra dryness is happening, resources have to be spent to remove the dry stuff. That will be Billions of dollars.

It is similar to what Florida has to do to protect from rising ocean levels.
Well drought conditions will definitely have an impact. Add the underbrush that hasn’t been cleared AND the dead trees, plus water restrictions and it’s a bad situation all around.

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a good Monday :D

Monday 3.jpg

Good to hear from you Sharron! Maybe it’s the change of season that’s getting to you. The days are shorter than the night now and still getting shorter. I seem to be feeling it a lot more than usual this year. Plus not doing the normal activities due to the pandemic...it’s all a crazy mess.
hi im :frow

Back
Top Bottom