The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I don’t know what we’re going to do. I don’t even want to go there Monday. I better be careful what I wish for...I may end up home with Covid.

You sure don't want that to be the reason for getting some time off work!

Seems your center has been short handed for quite a while, do they have any plans for hiring more help?

You sure don't want that to be the reason for getting some time off work!

Seems your center has been short handed for quite a while, do they have any plans for hiring more help?
I agree!
The pay is terrible so no one is rushing in for an application. This center was close to closing it’s doors 5-6 years ago due to it having bad staff and other issues. We now have a waiting list as it has been turned around. We have 2 new kids but they can’t work until their background checks clear.

I know a couple people that mask religiously and 1 tested positive last week and the other is waiting for results. If a person is not sanitizing their hands along with using the mask my opinion is they are defeating the purpose.
It all goes together!

It is a very sneaky virus-- The person from your work with symptoms should not have been out in public

Most of the stuff my parents had was junk they collected off the curbs or at yard sales. Nothing interesting or old. I did keep my Dad's telegraph key, Mom's sewing machine from 1955. Mom is still alive, but has Alzheimer's. Makes me so sad.
Alzheimer's is so devastating! I'm so sorry Cappy, it's hard on the person with it, but I believe even harder on those that love them! I worked in nursing homes as a CNA when I was younger, so I had the privilege to care for some wonderful people, but it broke my heart every day!

She did not come. The director was on the phone with her for an hour. Sounds like we are good for the year, thank goodness! The kids were little monsters today.

My co-worker just texted me. He is positive so she is out for 24 days. I pray none of us get it. No one else has it yet in her family. I worked with her for 2 days and he had symptoms at the time.:hmm
Glad the inspection went well! Just curious, how many days of the week are they not monsters...:D

Praying for you and for her family!

Alzheimer's is so devastating! I'm so sorry Cappy, it's hard on the person with it, but I believe even harder on those that love them! I worked in nursing homes as a CNA when I was younger, so I had the privilege to care for some wonderful people, but it broke my heart every day!
I worked in nursing homes as a CNA as well. But when it's your family, it's even worse. Dad, Mom and Aunt all have/ had dementia.

My father died of pneumonia but had dementia, probably from his many schemes that lead to him falling off a ladder(he was only on the first step but never anchored it), ladder spun around the threw him down on his back - in a patch of cactus. Yep, had fractured his spine in 3 places - ambulance crew were full of cactus spine hairs, not dangerous but mighty irritating.
I had one enter the back of my hand and about a month later found a red spot on the other side where it was emerging. Got it out with a tweezer.

When I found a poor dead sparrow impaled on the spines, I pulled all the cactus out and let them rot at the back of the yard.

Back
Top Bottom