The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi Rene, how has your day been going?

No packing for me today, I started Thanksgiving dinner prep. It was fun!
It's been a good day! We've actually been doing some fall cleaning! Tomorrow I have to go to town for an appointment and to meet the person who is buying the bunny, then some shopping! Wednesday I will do my baking! I'm going to cook one of my pumpkins to make our pumpkin pie this year...I've never done this before, so hopefully it's fun and not a pain! I will also take pumpkin out to the flock for a treat...they will love it!

I'm glad that you are getting a break from packing and you're enjoying your Thanksgiving preparations!

Good morning Riv! I didn't know that you were expecting...I'm so excited for you! 💞 When is your little one due?

Congratulations on completing another Semester of Nursing school! I love my nurses...my daughter & daughter in law!

That's a great pic and yes there is always one...lol!

Thank you so much! She's due in February. On the home stretch now!

Nursing/nursing school is difficult but definitely rewarding. I'm sure you have some wonderful nurses 💕

Good morning everyone!

A little on the cooler side today but still enjoyable. Finished another semester of nursing school yesterday :celebrateNow time to focus on getting things ready for this baby!

Tried getting a picture of the chickens this morning . . . there always has to be that one. View attachment 2422504
Love it :gig

It was a really good dish, but cooking with ramen noodles was strange. I'll be the first to admit it was good, but a little too spicy. We have ramen noodles on hand just in case we don't want to cook, so now we have a new use for them.
I love Ramen noodles with Shrimp scampi!

Thanks Deb, 50% have hatched by day 20!
View attachment 2421040

Those babies are adorable, and they are going to grow into beautiful birds. 🥰

Sadly one of our bantam hens was attacked and killed by a stoat on Saturday. :hit The chickens stayed locked up on Sunday (which they were most put out about) and I've walked our dog around and around their area to put the stoat off coming back again. We've put the cattle around the chickens to eat down all the tall clumps of grass too. So far we've seen no sign of it again and we got a trap from the Regional Council which is set with rabbit meat which is apparently their favourite. The lady there said she wasn't surprised as this time of year the young ones get kicked out of the den to fend for themselves. And she said there will be Kiwi in the area and there are definitely some on the farm across the road! It's awesome to think they are around, but sadly up to 90% of young Kiwi are killed off by stoats. Horrid creatures.

It doesn't help that our dork of a young cockerel (the big boy) keeps trying to get the girls to nest as far away from the coop as he can get, in the longest patches of grass. 🙄

Hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Hope those ducklings don't take too long for you @igorsMistress .

Those babies are adorable, and they are going to grow into beautiful birds. 🥰

Sadly one of our bantam hens was attacked and killed by a stoat on Saturday. :hit The chickens stayed locked up on Sunday (which they were most put out about) and I've walked our dog around and around their area to put the stoat off coming back again. We've put the cattle around the chickens to eat down all the tall clumps of grass too. So far we've seen no sign of it again and we got a trap from the Regional Council which is set with rabbit meat which is apparently their favourite. The lady there said she wasn't surprised as this time of year the young ones get kicked out of the den to fend for themselves. And she said there will be Kiwi in the area and there are definitely some on the farm across the road! It's awesome to think they are around, but sadly up to 90% of young Kiwi are killed off by stoats. Horrid creatures.

It doesn't help that our dork of a young cockerel (the big boy) keeps trying to get the girls to nest as far away from the coop as he can get, in the longest patches of grass. 🙄

Hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Hope those ducklings don't take too long for you @igorsMistress .
Thanks Jae, sorry you lost one of your chickens!

Thank you so much! She's due in February. On the home stretch now!

Nursing/nursing school is difficult but definitely rewarding. I'm sure you have some wonderful nurses 💕

Congratulations on becoming a Mum - you'll be a busy lady. I have a February baby too (though for me that meant my last trimester suffering through a hot, humid summer - not well planned). 🤣

Back
Top Bottom