The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Where did half a week go?! :lol:

My broody hatched her chicks yesterday. It was her first time and I left her with 6 of her own eggs and put 4 more of her eggs in the incubator just to ensure she was successful in her first attempt. I put the 4 from the incubator back under her about a week ago. She's now the very proud mother of 10 tiny darlings!

Lucky, the rescue turkey, got returned to the wild as he was most definitely a boy and harassing the chickens. DH took him back to the people who found him and they released him near the local flock, and he did follow after them so hopefully he'll find his way.

The 3 turkey were absolutely fine free ranging, until they discovered where the chickens hang out all day. Then they wouldn't leave. Things settled down for awhile with Lucky gone but unfortunately one of the white turkey decided it didn't like our Mottled Houdan hens (despite the fact that we have other chickens that look similar). Poor Pepper and Dorothy wouldn't come out of their coop, so that wasn't fair, and I figured with new chicken faces going to appear it was just too risky to keep the turkey. So the two white turkey are going to their new home on Friday. Currently they are with some cockerels in an enclosed coop and run.

We've had lots more rain today and even some thunder, lightning and hail. Our dam filled up quickly with the run off from the hills behind us, but our water tanks will take a bit longer to fill.

Morning Jae, sounds like you've been busy! Congrats on the new chicks :jumpy And the rain you got!

Back
Top Bottom