The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Not too bad, working and wishing I was independently wealthy of course. How are you doing? I’m so sorry about your Mom honey!! :hugs
I wish I was too! Hahah I’m doing alright, thanks. Comes and goes in waves I guess. Sometimes I’m fine then out of nowhere I’m not then I am again. And thank you!!!

That's one part of living at the golf course I miss...seeing all the antelope, deer and other assorted animals.
So "Home on the Range" was actually written about Wyoming?

We have Groundhogs here in Ohio they dig holes all over making mowing rough .
Somehow the ones here haven't dug holes/tunnels out in the field, at least not that I've found. The much prefer digging under the barns. Could have broken an ankle 3 times in the past dropping into one.

She actually passed away a couple of weeks ago. :(
Oh Kelsey I am SO sorry. Last we heard she was improving so like you and your family we were all hoping for a complete recovery. This is sad news, come chat here on BYC whenever we can help. Many of us, being older, have lost parents. I doubt it is easy no matter what your age but much less expected for younger people.
:hugs

I wish I was too! Hahah I’m doing alright, thanks. Comes and goes in waves I guess. Sometimes I’m fine then out of nowhere I’m not then I am again. And thank you!!!
I imagine that will happen for a while.
How’s your wee little man? Has he grown into his head and feet yet?

So "Home on the Range" was actually written about Wyoming?

Somehow the ones here haven't dug holes/tunnels out in the field, at least not that I've found. The much prefer digging under the barns. Could have broken an ankle 3 times in the past dropping into one.

Oh Kelsey I am SO sorry. Last we heard she was improving so like you and your family we were all hoping for a complete recovery. This is sad news, come chat here on BYC whenever we can help. Many of us, being older, have lost parents. I doubt it is easy no matter what your age but much less expected for younger people.
Thank you so much Bruce. :hugs

She was for like a few days or week or whatever and then she regressed and became more withdrawn and not wanting to talk with anyone (she was pretty “chatty” before even though it didn’t make sense haha) and not eating anything, not cooperating with PT people etc. and just generally crawling out of her skin.

Between that and some video meetings/calls with the team and then specifically the palliative care guy, and knowing her wishes, long story short, my dad decided to put her into a hospice facility.

She would have always had to be supervised and being as independent as she was would’ve hated that plus she never wanted tubes or anything and they were talking about doing the stomach peg thing.

At first I was kind of mad or whatever but then after seeing her there and how much more peaceful she was there than in the hospital, I just knew. It sounds stupid but I think she made the decision the day she pulled the tube out of her nose. Which was like a few days or week before that. They were saying they think she was choosing not to, not just a medical reason.

My nana (her mother) just passed away in November and she hadn’t been the same since. So I think she wanted to be with her.

And this facility was very quiet and peaceful, gorgeous grounds and rooms, lots of wildlife such as turkeys and deer which she always loved, and the staff there were sooooooo kind. A lot of them are actually volunteers. :eek:

So I’m glad she went there if anywhere. She was there about 5-6 days I think so just under a week.

It had been a total roller coaster for 6 weeks so in a way I’m glad it’s over but at the same time, it’s been starting to hit me recently that she is really gone gone and won’t see me get a BF or married or anything. Or like, for example, I was trying to find something the other day and thought she would have known exactly where it was. I found it by thinking where she would put it LOL but she always knew exactly where anything was even if it looked like a mess to everyone else or took a while to find. She always eventually found it.

Sorry for the massive novel and over share :lau :oops:

Or I guess undershare since I stopped updating :oops: sorry about that. It’s just been a lot.

BC602234-597F-45E8-889C-2113A041A0B4.jpeg
822B4AA5-8EDE-4622-A161-688ADB72D0BD.jpeg
ECB2B930-D290-41E1-B2C6-2DC6D456721A.jpeg
38A252EC-7960-44A3-B673-FEF73EED1E11.jpeg
B88EE094-B53A-4686-8A43-88DAAF4E629D.jpeg

It sounds stupid but I think she made the decision the day she pulled the tube out of her nose.
I believe you are correct. I think there is a point where people in bad shape decide they are done.

My nana (her mother) just passed away in November and she hadn’t been the same since. So I think she wanted to be with her.
I'm sure that was hard on all of you but especially her.

Sorry for the massive novel and over share
Not at all, I'm glad for the information. When I started reading this morning it hit me that your posts were SUPER short which is unusual. Then I got to the one where you said your mother died. That explained it and this longer post hints of a bit of recovery of your own self. The hurt will diminish but it will take a long time

Back
Top Bottom