The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I believe you are correct. I think there is a point where people in bad shape decide they are done.

I'm sure that was hard on all of you but especially her.

Not at all, I'm glad for the information. When I started reading this morning it hit me that your posts were SUPER short which is unusual. Then I got to the one where you said your mother died. That explained it and this longer post hints of a bit of recovery of your own self. The hurt will diminish but it will take a long time
:hugs
Yeah for sure and I think being in the hospital was just interrupting her journey or whatever once she made that decision cause she was so much more peaceful at the other place.

Yeah definitely! She talked to her every day and was very close. I’m amazed my grandpa is so strong though. He rode out here 3 times with my aunt and uncle. And he’s been so put together. First his wife of 64 years then 5 months later his daughter. 😭 but yet he’s been a rock.

Thank you Bruce! Yeah, I haven’t really been up for talking as much lately which is definitely very unlike me 😂 I’m never wordless.

But it just gets exhausting hahah

He looks ready to eat someone in the next car over in the first pic! He’s adorable, has a nice sit too! He’s going to be a handsome devil when he’s older.
He was smiling right before that but then went into his “talking” mode LOL he LOVES people and was soooooo excited and upset they weren’t saying hi to him :lau he was talking to them hahah

And yes he is very good at sitting and eye contact! 😁😁

Doesn’t like sitting still for LONG though :lau

And thanks!! I think so too!! 😁🥰

Good morning folks :frow

She actually passed away a couple of weeks ago. :(
Kelsey, I'm so sorry :hugs:hugs Sometimes people make a choice and all we can do is honor their choice. It was a Friday evening in the spring of 2001, I had just got home from work when the phone rang. It was Mom and Dad. Dad was back in the hospital, when he was admitted they offered life support and he accepted, which negated his living will. He wanted to be taken off life support, Mom couldn't bring herself to sign the order, so she abdicated her role and the medical power of attorney fell to me. They wanted me to fax the order to the hospital. I told him that I wasn't going to do this long distance, but I would take the Sunday train and be there Monday morning. If he could look me in the eye and tell me that's what he wants, I would sign the order. I was spared, he passed on Saturday afternoon. I take comfort in knowing that he was done, but it took a long time to get over the pain of him being gone.
Good morning everyone!
:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day

Back
Top Bottom