The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I’m sorry EMC. I know we all have our things though and no one is immune to having the willies about something.
Don’t apologize, it’s my problem :lol: Spiders and wood ticks wig me out.
Good morning everyone . Hi Jae , Debby , DMC , IM , Have a great day . :frow
Good morning Mark, you also!

Don’t apologize, it’s my problem :lol: Spiders and wood ticks wig me out.

Good morning Mark, you also!
I like spiders if they are not the creepy kind . I raise some nice tarantulas in the past but I can't stand ticks of any kind . Old world tarantulas are quick to bite and have potent venom . New world are slow moving and the venom is less potent , they do not bite at wink of an eye .

Last edited:
I like spiders if they are not the creepy kind . I raise some nice tarantulas in the past but I can't stand ticks of any kind . Old world tarantulas are quick to bite and have potent venom . New world are slow moving and the venom is less potent , they do not bite at wink of an eye .
They would send me over the edge!
Good morning, Everyone.
Good morning Sour!

Good morning everyone :)

Hello everyone! I haven't been on BYC for so long. I started to avoid my computer because I had so many people emailing me about baby cockatiels before I'd even listed them for sale (more fool me for leaving the ad up), and I only had a very few birds. I was so over people by the end of that (especially when people didn't get back to me or took forever to get back to me (and still expected birds to be available!) - so frustrating)! But I have a couple of people who bought one who would love another in the coming season which is nice, and it's always so lovely to get photos and videos from happy new owners.

I've also been hard at work battling weeds, and recently researching like a crazy person for any and all potential situations for when our heifers give birth. We are 12 weeks out :yaand I sort of feel prepared. I showed DS, who is 10, a video on YouTube of a cow giving birth. I thought he'd be grossed out but I explained what everything was and why it was important and at the end, when he saw that cute little calf, he was like "Awww, that's so cute - I'm so excited for our calves to be born".

And I'm trying my hand at growing lots of little trees from seed. I want to plant lots of trees here. So far I have quite a few swamp gums (which are much needed in the many boggy places on our block) and some Australian Blackwoods, a type of wattle, which grows super fast for firewood.

We've been getting lots of rain lately but it's not that cold. Autumn was cold and dry and very grey (which is unusual as it's usually very sunny) so we didn't get good grass growth. We've had more sun lately which is desperately needed to grow that grass and sort of start to dry things out (until the next rain storm). It's definitely the season of mud! We are supplementing our heifers with hay and 3 are headed to the works once we sort out a ramp to get them on the truck. Our 3 pregnant girls will need all the grass they can get once they have their calves so they are priority, and we'll still have one heifer to put in our freezer once we get around to buying one that's big enough.

And our Trouble duck, who I was sure was a boy, is currently sitting on infertile eggs under my shed! She's just a very thick necked, very broad breasted girl. Our other Muscovy girls look elegant and slim and delicate. Whereas Trouble is seriously built like a tank. :lol:
Hi Jae :frow So nice to hear from you !
Good morning everyone, happy Saturday!

Good morning everyone . Hi Jae , Debby , DMC , IM , Have a great day . :frow

G’morning all

good morning everyone! hazy sunshine right now and 69

Good morning, Everyone.
Good morning Debby, Mark, IM, Cheepteach, Sour and DMC :frow

DMC, hope you can hold off smacking your sil :hugs

Back
Top Bottom