The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, Everyone - bright, beautiful, brisk here this morning.

Baseball game at 10 - I think the grandson is pitching. They won yesterday 12/6. It was raining and early we opted out. :oops:

Good morning Sour, best of luck to the boys with their game!

It's morning for your guys already?!

I'm trying to steer two kids off to bed. It's supposed to be chilly here tonight - our first real wintery temperature drop (around 37F overnight). It's been a beautiful, clear, sunny day. It didn't feel cold this morning when we let the chickens out but I took a photo of our little cockerel and you can see his breath puffing out.
View attachment 2731185

Hope you all have a great day!
For me the post was 1:10am LOL!

Nice crowing picture!

Last edited:
We're 54* right now and it's predicted to get up to 94* later today. I'll have to get my lawn mowed early!
My weather app took the 111F day out and is now 106F.

My Dad used to say that there was not much difference after the temp hit 100F though.

Good morning, Everyone - bright, beautiful, brisk here this morning.
:frow Good morning Sour, have a great day... Best of luck for the game today
55 here! great baseball weather!
:frow Good morning Cheepteach, have a great day
My weather app took the 111F day out and is now 106F.

My Dad used to say that there was not much difference after the temp hit 100F though.
:frow Good morning Ron, have a great day

I did make sure to shake the arm and move it a lot. That is supposed to spread out the vaccine and cause less pain at the injection site.
It would be nice if they mentioned that when they stabbed your arm.

Getting a vaccine in the non dominant arm is not likely the best thing since you do not move it as much
Except if your arm hurts you don't want to use it!

One tub, two showers, two sinks and an outside faucet are all leaking 😕
OK that is a lot! are the inside ones cartridge type valves? For example Delta or Moen? They are easy to change out. Costs a lot less than a plumber :D Outside one likely needs new seals, I don't know that they make a cartridge version for those.

It's morning for your guys already?!
Depends on if "morning" means "After midnight and before noon" or "Time to get up" :D
You posted at 4:10 AM Eastern Daylight. So for me, yes on the first definition, no on the second.

our first real wintery temperature drop (around 37F overnight)
But you are now on your way to spring!

They showed a cactus and removed it.
It died from the heat. They should have used an artificial cactus. Of course if it were made of plastic it would melt so no better.

For me the post was 2:45am LOL!
Um, 4:10 AM EDT isn't 2:45 PDT!!!!

It would be nice if they mentioned that when they stabbed your arm.

Except if your arm hurts you don't want to use it!

OK that is a lot! are the inside ones cartridge type valves? For example Delta or Moen? They are easy to change out. Costs a lot less than a plumber :D Outside one likely needs new seals, I don't know that they make a cartridge version for those.

Depends on if "morning" means "After midnight and before noon" or "Time to get up" :D
You posted at 4:10 AM Eastern Daylight. So for me, yes on the first definition, no on the second.

But you are now on your way to spring!

It died from the heat. They should have used an artificial cactus. Of course if it were made of plastic it would melt so no better.

Um, 4:10 AM EDT isn't 2:45 PDT!!!!
I do not know why the do not tell you about moving the arm after the shot!

You are correct! It was 1:10AM...I am universally asleep then.

OK that is a lot! are the inside ones cartridge type valves? For example Delta or Moen? They are easy to change out. Costs a lot less than a plumber :D Outside one likely needs new seals, I don't know that they make a cartridge version for those
The outside one froze and cracked this past spring. I have no idea what brand the inside ones are, but they're all likely older than I am :confused:

but they're all likely older than I am

So they are at least 30 years old? ;)

Froze and cracked. I've had that happen, had to replace the faucet which in my case meant sweating copper pipe. That may be a task beyond your comfort level (and available tools too).

If the sink faucet isn't a cartridge you can probably get new o rings for the valve or replace the entire valve. Again not all that hard. See what Google tells you. Unlike when most of us were young, you can learn how to do most anything via the internet. You may choose not to do it but seeing the process helps one understand how complex it is.

Back
Top Bottom