The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I was just thinking about the week being half over. Th problem is those weekENDS don’t last long enough!
That is so very true. I miss the early days of lockdown when we took every other Friday off.
Good morning, Everyone.
:frow Good morning Sour, have a great day
Good morning Sue, DMC, Bob :frow

Hope you all have a great day!
:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day
Good morning Sue 🌻 , Bob

Good morning Sour 🦋 How was your count .
:frow Good morning Mark, have a great day
Just blame everything on technology Mark, it changes so fast it's hard to keep up.
Mark, Debby is so right. It feels like I am sprinting every day just trying to keep up with new trends & tech. Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, Splunk, and Cyber Security all are going crazy at the same time.

Good morning, Everyone.
Hi Sour
:woot I get hubs all weekend. I have appointments and need him to drive me so he said no to OT.
Awesome!
Good morning Sue, DMC, Bob :frow

Hope you all have a great day!
Hi Debby, you also!
Good morning Debby , DMC , IM .
Hi Mark!
Thanks Sue, enjoy your day as well!

IF the weather forecast is right, we just have today to get through with the heat. Then we drop back to the 80's :ya
We must be in the same weather pattern. It is so oppressive here. Yesterday was horrid and today will be equally bad or worse. My son did not get to come home early yesterday. He walked in the door at 8:30 and I asked him how awful it was. He said I thought I was going to die. He is not a dramatic kind of guy. He had an hour drive home and was sweat head to his knees. He was hoarse also. He said he felt sick and stopped to get a gatorade. When that kicked in he felt better. We had a couple guys out yesterday fixing on a neighbors sprayer that died in our field while doing some spraying for hubby. I got the girls down for a nap and came out to the kitchen and one of them was laying on a floor register in my laundry room with a wet towel on his head. He was to the point hubby was going to bring him to the hospital. I asked if he’d had anything other then water which he had some sort of thirst quencher drink. I told hubby to get a gatorade out of the camper. Within 10 minutes he perked up. He was one of the firemen at the granary fire Sunday and I imagine he had some heat exhaustion from that yet. I don’t know what’s in Gatorade but it helped both of them. This heat is nothing to mess around with. My son said he will not be working a full day today.

Hi Sour

Awesome!

Hi Debby, you also!

Hi Mark!

We must be in the same weather pattern. It is so oppressive here. Yesterday was horrid and today will be equally bad or worse. My son did not get to come home early yesterday. He walked in the door at 8:30 and I asked him how awful it was. He said I thought I was going to die. He is not a dramatic kind of guy. He had an hour drive home and was sweat head to his knees. He was hoarse also. He said he felt sick and stopped to get a gatorade. When that kicked in he felt better. We had a couple guys out yesterday fixing on a neighbors sprayer that died in our field while doing some spraying for hubby. I got the girls down for a nap and came out to the kitchen and one of them was laying on a floor register in my laundry room with a wet towel on his head. He was to the point hubby was going to bring him to the hospital. I asked if he’d had anything other then water which he had some sort of thirst quencher drink. I told hubby to get a gatorade out of the camper. Within 10 minutes he perked up. He was one of the firemen at the granary fire Sunday and I imagine he had some heat exhaustion from that yet. I don’t know what’s in Gatorade but it helped both of them. This heat is nothing to mess around with. My son said he will not be working a full day today.

Ugh, it's super hard to have to work out in this heat. Glad your son won't have to work a full day today, it's too hard on the body. That poor guy that was on your floor! Hope today is a better, easier day for him too.

Hello, good morning or afternoon everyone :frow
DH works outside in the heat all day and I worry about him. He drinks water and some GatorAde but he's too bullheaded to really take care of himself. I keep telling him he isn't as young as he used to be, he loves that :lol:
He sounds stubborn!
My DH is the same way. I feel like a nag just wanting him to take care of himself :lol:

Hi Sour

Awesome!

Hi Debby, you also!

Hi Mark!

Wow. Very lucky they did not pass out! If I'm not mistaken, sugar (in large amounts) can contribute to dehydration but the electrolytes in Gatorade help your body's function.
The heat is no joke! Even when you try to stay cool.

Back
Top Bottom