The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

It's been pretty hot to think of turning an oven on. Are you getting any cooler weather?

We're down into the 80's starting today with a possibility of rain thank goodness!
I turn it on as little as possible.
Our oppressive humidity broke last night, thank goodness!! It is still going to be humid but tolerable.
DFE8EBFB-81CC-4E34-9B7F-585B54AEE222.png
Wow! It's amazing how some people live.
Can you imagine the smell? I canā€™t even remember what they did with that house.

I turn it on as little as possible.
Our oppressive humidity broke last night, thank goodness!! It is still going to be humid but tolerable.
View attachment 2777557

Can you imagine the smell? I canā€™t even remember what they did with that house.

That's some good looking weather you have in the forecast!

Back in my nursing days, I did the edu for some of the local prisons on heat strokes. I don't know how they keep inmates alive in those prisons with no air-conditioning and those tiny windows. Or the guards, for that matter. I guess people adapt.

The best thing to do when someone overheats to the point of feeling faint is to hydrate, and to pack cool, wet towels under their arms and around their neck.
If they are experiencing nausea and cramps and have a fever, then they need immediate medical treatment.
The Gatorade helps because of the added sodium and potassium. They have dehydrated and lost potassium (and other minerals) from their cells. They become nauseous and have stomach cramps, as well as a headache. The muscles need that potassium in order to work, so the next thing to happen would be severe muscle cramps. That's when it becomes very dangerous, because your heart is a muscle too. Heat stroke is nothing to take lightly. Once you hit the naseous stage it advances quickly.

Haha...sorry for the preachy tone, I just want everyone to stay safe. I had a "heat event" several years ago and had to make a few life changes. This was after I began doing the edu speeches. I knew better.šŸ™„

My husband won't stay out of the heat either. He stopped wearing his sunscreen too...says it gets in his eyes when he sweats. I told him to "use the sunscreen, you need it. It's the reason people think your married to a younger woman."šŸ¤£
Heat stroke is serious!

I was sucked into an article about a missing runner that had gone on an hour run in Pleasanton a couple of weeks ago. This is a Bay area City and is not normally hot.

The Article acted like it was a big mystery about what happened to him. It was not until the end of a long article that we find out that He went on the hour long run at Noon on a 105F day, along a canyon. It is not a mystery LOL! He passed out and fell into the canyon. One day He will likely be found down in the canyon.

Heat stroke is serious!

I was sucked into an article about a missing runner that had gone on an hour run in Pleasanton a couple of weeks ago. This is a Bay area City and is not normally hot.

The Article acted like it was a big mystery about what happened to him. It was not until the end of a long article that we find out that He went on the hour long run at Noon on a 105F day, along a canyon. It is not a mystery LOL! He passed out and fell into the canyon. One day He will likely be found down in the canyon.
How do they know what happened if they havenā€™t found him?

Good morning everyone.
Off to get the vaccine this morning. I'm sure that I still have antibodies, but my youngest has finally talked me into it. I'm hoping it doesn't make me ill, but just in case I'll stock the animals with food and water. And make sure that my DH & his mom have groceries.
Wish me luck.

Good for you!

Many think they had covid but did not get a test or for anti bodies later.

How do they know what happened if they havenā€™t found him?
The do not know for sure of course. He did not have his phone or wallet on him.

Who knows? He might show up with amnesia one day.

The big problem is that the news article did not mention the heat until the end of the article. Bad Journalism!

Back
Top Bottom