The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Spring can't be too far off here. Mr Pheasant was calling this morning as were the Peacocks who live down the road. Our Swallow pair are also back, inspecting their old nest.

And when I finally opened the curtains this morning there was a heifer looking back at me. šŸ¤£ Judging by where the hoof prints in the mud start we think she was sitting down too close to the electric tape (which wasn't hooked up to the battery) so when she got up she managed to go underneath it, so who knows how long she'd been out. As soon as she saw me with hay she was racing to catch up with me and she was easy to get back into her paddock. Maisy will do anything for food which is why I'm hoping she'll let me milk her.

Our son is quite lively and the other heifers find him a bit much, but Maisy couldn't care less no matter how much noise he's making, or how much he's flinging his arms around. She's incredibly tolerant, which is a good thing seeing as he want to learn to milk a cow too!

I also suspect I have bantam pullets laying in one of the very old trees, but it's about 8 feet up and on a steep bank so there's no way I can get up there to see. They absolutely love the trees and often climb as high as they can, but I don't really want them attracting possums.

Morning Jae!

It really does sound like spring is finding it's way to you. Maisy sounds like a real character, that would have been startling to open the curtains and find her looking back! :lol:

Good morning everyone :frow

You do not stink at frosting cookies, they look cute and even have little eyes on them :love
I just thought they needed an eye šŸ¤·

Spring can't be too far off here. Mr Pheasant was calling this morning as were the Peacocks who live down the road. Our Swallow pair are also back, inspecting their old nest.

And when I finally opened the curtains this morning there was a heifer looking back at me. šŸ¤£ Judging by where the hoof prints in the mud start we think she was sitting down too close to the electric tape (which wasn't hooked up to the battery) so when she got up she managed to go underneath it, so who knows how long she'd been out. As soon as she saw me with hay she was racing to catch up with me and she was easy to get back into her paddock. Maisy will do anything for food which is why I'm hoping she'll let me milk her.

Our son is quite lively and the other heifers find him a bit much, but Maisy couldn't care less no matter how much noise he's making, or how much he's flinging his arms around. She's incredibly tolerant, which is a good thing seeing as he want to learn to milk a cow too!

I also suspect I have bantam pullets laying in one of the very old trees, but it's about 8 feet up and on a steep bank so there's no way I can get up there to see. They absolutely love the trees and often climb as high as they can, but I don't really want them attracting possums.
Hi JaeG :frow she sounds like a lovely cow to have šŸ˜

Hope you all enjoy your day!
Good morning Debby :frowAre you on your own today ?

Good morning Debby, you also. It is 55* this morning:ya

I have dreamed of cows staring at me through the window šŸ¤£

Good morning folks :frow

:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day
Good morning Debby, you also. It is 55* this morning:ya

I have dreamed of cows staring at me through the window šŸ¤£
:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day

That was a nice read! It was very descriptive; I can almost see the action.
Hi DMC . :frow I have been looking at a lot of posts today and I see some bad Juju in the air I don't mean hear, in this post , but a lot of opinions flying high today . When I think of this song . ( Bad moon rising ) . By John Fogerty I am Logging off for a wile . Have a great day .šŸŒ¹
I hope today is a better day for you.
Most of our regulars seem to be really nice folk. I usually just stick to the welcome forum now. When I check out other threads, I just read 'em and leave 'em. I hate getting caught up in other peoples drama, and I don't have any of my own, thank goodness. I used to think that I had to defend every underdog, but now, I just try to mind my own business. Sad that some people have no tact, and that they belittle others to make themselves feel good.
Your a nice person. I'm going to run across the border to New Orleans & pick you up some good Juju!

Good morning everyone!
I brought my Chippy in yesterday and gave her some sardines. She is 20 weeks old now and is not as big as my 10 week Olds, so I spoil her with extra food. She eats plenty, and she is growing, but very slowly. Her sister is twice her size.
20210729_181532.jpg
I like chickens, some more than others, but this one is extra special. I worry that I'm too attached to her. I'm hoping she will eventually grow to normal size.

Good morning DMC :frow
That was a nice read! It was very descriptive; I can almost see the action.

I hope today is a better day for you.
Most of our regulars seem to be really nice folk. I usually just stick to the welcome forum now. When I check out other threads, I just read 'em and leave 'em. I hate getting caught up in other peoples drama, and I don't have any of my own, thank goodness. I used to think that I had to defend every underdog, but now, I just try to mind my own business. Sad that some people have no tact, and that they belittle others to make themselves feel good.
Your a nice person. I'm going to run across the border to New Orleans & pick you up some good Juju!

Good morning everyone!
I brought my Chippy in yesterday and gave her some sardines. She is 20 weeks old now and is not as big as my 10 week Olds, so I spoil her with extra food. She eats plenty, and she is growing, but very slowly. Her sister is twice her size.
View attachment 2781459
I like chickens, some more than others, but this one is extra special. I worry that I'm too attached to her. I'm hoping she will eventually grow to normal size.
Good morning Janie :frow

Good morning everyone . Have a great day .šŸŒ¹
Good morning Mark :frow:hugs here's to a better day !

Back
Top Bottom