The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I've had some little ones (not as tiny as yours but still pretty small)...sometimes there's been just white in the egg and sometimes there's been a little dab of yolk. I'm just always curious to see what's inside :)
I think I know which pullet it was and it's one of our bantams. Her mother is called Squeaks and the kids have named the daughter Squeaks Clone (poor bird) because it's hard to tell them apart.

The kids think some of the other bantam pullets are laying in another tree too! :barnie Not that I'm short on eggs but I don't want to be attracting possums. DH is going to move the possum trap to the chickens area.

That art class is over but I'm thinking of signing up for another one.

And I found a place downtown that looks like fun (just drove by and then looked up their website). It's one of those places where you paint your own pottery. But they also have other things like silver work and glass fusing and mosaics that look like fun. That might have to wait until my son comes in September so we can go together.
Thats sounds fun, taking a class with your son. Is he the one who painted your dog? September is coming quick, how exciting :D
That place has unique options to choose from.
Just tell him to shut the door :lol:
:lau exactly!
They probably don’t want to take them on!!
:lau they're too chicken!
I don't know, but I'd rather deal with snakes or even mice over these creepy eight leg spiders !!
Same here! Insects :eek:
Baseball today. Grandson's team won 5/0. Possibility of 5 games in the next three days.
Ooooo congrats! 🎉
:frowGood afternoon Mad, have a great day, nice job on the room.
Thank you! Hope you're having a good a day so far.
Nice job!
Thank you :)
Those must be the babies! Your palm would probably be an adult wolf spider here. DD1 took one to Show and Tell in Kindergarten. Odd that she was fine with spiders then, now (and for the past 15+ years (she's 28)) even the tiniest spider illicets a scream and call for someone to remove it to the outdoors.
😫 babies?!

She took one to show and tell... Omgoodness. Does she remember this and not being afraid? :lol:
Good afternoon everyone . Have a good one .
Good afternoon Mark!
Do they howl ?
:gig
I was just outside checking for eggs when the neighbor called me over. He said there seems to be a raccoon family living under his shed that he's trying to eliminate. Guess I'll find out if my coop and run are as secure as I think they are.
Eeeek. 🤞 hopefully! I've never seen one in real life :oops: they look friendly but I hear/read otherwise.
No cockatiels nesting yet, although the boys are all singing and showing off to the girls (who are ignoring them).

I've had to separate one poor girl as she's had 2 males vying for her affections (they constantly follow her and bug the heck out of her) and I think it's stressing her out to the point where she's plucking herself. I've put her in a smaller aviary with a pair in another small aviary next door for company.

I'm hoping they will start breeding soon though as I've got a waiting list!

But we have got chicken chicks hatching in less than a week so looking forward to that.

You are going to be truly ambidextrous at this rate.
I'm looking forward to pictures, too! How many babies do cockatiels typically have?

Yes they are! The neighbor is worried about his little dog and outside cat so he's trying to get rid of the coons. I appreciate him giving me a heads up that they're right next door.
I'd worry a lot more about your chickens than his dog and cat ... as long as the coons aren't rabid.

I used to think they were cute critters but now I know better.
Same here, foxes also. Then I got chickens. And lost chickens. NOT cute anymore!!!

I got a tiny pullet egg yesterday weighing 0.8 ounces.
You should give that to us in grams so we don't have to convert ;)

She took one to show and tell... Omgoodness. Does she remember this and not being afraid? :lol:
Maybe. She's so bad that after she started fearing spiders she freaked out when I told her there was one in the tomato plant. Mind you at the time we were picking her up from camp 150 miles from home.

I'm looking forward to pictures, too! How many babies do cockatiels typically have?
They tend to have between 3-6 chicks per clutch and will raise 2 clutches each season (they'd have more if you let them, but health-wise that's not good for them). I kinda miss having baby cockatiels around, even though they are a lot of work.

Thats sounds fun, taking a class with your son. Is he the one who painted your dog? September is coming quick, how exciting :D
That place has unique options to choose from.

Yep, my son is the one that paints in watercolors. Here are a few of my favorites (he's given me a lot of paintings over the years):
Owl May 2020.JPG

035 1-12-19 Wolf.jpg

053 7-24-19 Sleeping Woozle.jpg
(He kept that one, it's his cat.)

Back
Top Bottom