The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Guilty.
I feel guilty, for rehoming chickens last night. My poor rooster is walking around and crowing for his missing hens. Otherwise, no one seems too bothered by the change. I'm sure there will be a few pecks later.
Two of those rehomed hens were alphas. I'm hoping all goes well in their new home. They were (other than the two 14 weeks) 1 yr to 3 1/2 yes. I just realized that I rehomed almost all colored layers, so my egg basket will be somewhat boring, comparatively.

Do you know the people that got the chickens? Maybe you can follow up with them to see how they are doing.

Good morning. @janiedoe no guilt needed when we find good homes for our flock or animals.
Thanks. I'm that person...you know the one, I have the anthropomorphic guilt complex. (Not an official diagnosis..but 🤪)
Do you know the people that got the chickens? Maybe you can follow up with them to see how they are doing.
I met the family yesterday, after several phone conversations. A couple with two young children. They came out and interacted with the chickens and asked plenty of questions. They sent pictures last night after they got them settled.
They have had chickens in the past and have a very nice secure coop and run. They have horses, cows, sheep etc. so I know they will take care of them. And, in a smaller flock, they will get more individual attention. The little girl was adorable and just loved all of them.
Good MOOrnin everyone. I have yet to get out of bed but this talk of coffee makes me want to.
Good moornin' to you, Mad!

Back
Top Bottom