The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Thanks. I'm that person...you know the one, I have the anthropomorphic guilt complex. (Not an official diagnosis..but 🤪)

I met the family yesterday, after several phone conversations. A couple with two young children. They came out and interacted with the chickens and asked plenty of questions. They sent pictures last night after they got them settled.
They have had chickens in the past and have a very nice secure coop and run. They have horses, cows, sheep etc. so I know they will take care of them. And, in a smaller flock, they will get more individual attention. The little girl was adorable and just loved all of them.

Good moornin' to you, Mad!

It sounds like you found the perfect new home for them Janie :hugs

Thanks. I'm that person...you know the one, I have the anthropomorphic guilt complex. (Not an official diagnosis..but 🤪)
We must be related I have the guilt complex to
I met the family yesterday, after several phone conversations. A couple with two young children. They came out and interacted with the chickens and asked plenty of questions. They sent pictures last night after they got them settled.
They have had chickens in the past and have a very nice secure coop and run. They have horses, cows, sheep etc. so I know they will take care of them. And, in a smaller flock, they will get more individual attention. The little girl was adorable and just loved all of them.
You did exceptionally well :love
Good moornin' to you, Mad!

Good morning everyone

I have a broody hen that I'm trying to break now.
Is her name janiedoe? ;)

Good morning everyone! I'm afraid to try to name you all, I haven't had much coffee yet :)
"Good morning everyone" is quite sufficient!!!

Now my shoulder feels like it's in it's 30 's and the rest of my body feels almost 70 ish .
A lady I know just turned 96. She was given a "cup grip sleeve". One side says "Young at heart". The other says "Old everywhere else". I told her I know a lot of people on a forum I follow that identify with the sentiment.

Yep. The two males are crowing already.

I rehomed the pullet and one of the males, along with 8 hens tonight.
I felt horrible, poor girls were screeching like crazy. I probably won't sleep for worrying about them.😪 But. The family that took them was so nice. I let them hand feed them and pick out a few very friendly ones. I tried to keep buddies together.
I'm down to around mid thirties now. I need to rehome more. I'd like to get down to 12 to 20 but I have trouble letting them go. I have a broody hen that I'm trying to break now.
So it was a male?!
Glad they went to a good home.
I have an Ancona hen who decided to crow all day, every day, for 10 days straight last summer. She has never done it again. :confused:
Omgoodness :lol:
Maybe That was enough crowing for her to be satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom