The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning Janie, Debby, DMC and everyone! ! Wow, what a difference a day makes!! @janiedoe thanks much better today!! I think it’ll be a day or two before I try some readers for the computer but if I blow everything up I can see well enough to read a little bit. If autocorrect doesn’t screw up my typing I’m in good shape lol.

@rjohns39 I agree with your daughter, colors are so vibrant! For me blue is the biggest change, and little details like patterns of color that are similar.

Our temps are in the mid 80s right now so today I’m starting winter veg seeds in the hydroponic garden for transplants, :yesss:

Anyway, I’ve missed everyone and hope you all have a great day!

Good morning Janie, Debby, DMC and everyone! ! Wow, what a difference a day makes!! @janiedoe thanks much better today!! I think it’ll be a day or two before I try some readers for the computer but if I blow everything up I can see well enough to read a little bit. If autocorrect doesn’t screw up my typing I’m in good shape lol.

@rjohns39 I agree with your daughter, colors are so vibrant! For me blue is the biggest change, and little details like patterns of color that are similar.

Our temps are in the mid 80s right now so today I’m starting winter veg seeds in the hydroponic garden for transplants, :yesss:

So glad to hear you're doing better IM! You've been missed :hugs

Hi DMC, hope you get some sunshine today!
Thanks, Mostly sunny and 50 :D

That just makes my heart happy IM:hugs

Hope everyone's had a good week.

We have very windy weather at the moment with light, squally showers - just enough to be annoying.

I have 7 cockatiel chicks so far. The oldest has been looked after so well by its foster parents that it looks like a fat pudding. It's huge already.

I've been taking photos of chickens this morning as we do need to thin the flock a little. There are two little mixed breed bantam cockerels that I just have to keep though as they are so sweet. They've always wanted to jump out of the brooder to see us, just to sit on us. One is super cute but when I let him out of the cage they were in while they got settled in the coop he tried to take on everyone. It was pretty hilarious watching him trying to take on our big, fat Orpington hen who is at least 20 times his size. She basically ignored him, pecking him when he got really annoying. He has a few war wounds but he still likes a cuddle.

View attachment 2875283

I finally got around to making the calves their own paddock with electric tape. Earlybird got let off her lead to explore first (Jacky was in a "don't touch me" mood so she got to wait) and she had a lovely time racing up and down. When I finally let Jacky off her lead something told me to stand and watch. And sure enough, after a few laps, she decided to run straight through the electric tape. 🤦‍♀️

Thankfully Early freaked out and ran back into the yards so I could shut her in (she's smart enough to remember that stuff hurts). Jacky must've got some good jolts by the time she untangled herself as she wouldn't even go under the single tape to her mother. I opened up one end of their fence so she could run to where Early was, then I set about repairing the fence. Thankfully she hasn't tried to repeat that trick! Honestly, that calf!
Pretty bird! Jae

Back
Top Bottom