The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sorry to hear that DMC, sometimes normal just isn't good enough :hugs

Hope your coffee is tasting better!
Thanks Debby, I have no smell or taste other then sweet or salty. I hope that isn’t long term. I know many people that haven’t gotten it fully back and it’s been a year. Heck of an appetite suppressant!

Thanks Debby, I have no smell or taste other then sweet or salty. I hope that isn’t long term. I know many people that haven’t gotten it fully back and it’s been a year. Heck of an appetite suppressant!

Hope your smell & taste don't take that long to come back. Does sweetening your coffee help?

Cream in coffee is good stuff! So is egg nog, another bad one. And it's that egg nog time of year. :lol:
I made some spiced rum eggnog Thanksgiving day. I only drank 2 servings. Lol.
Hope your smell & taste don't take that long to come back. Does sweetening your coffee help?
I didn't find that it helped. It cut the bitter but the coffee still had a strange taste. It took me a few months to enjoy food and drink again. It is a good appetite depressant, but it is also depressing. I hope you get your sense of taste and smell back in as short of time, as I did, DMC. From what I've heard, 3 months is a short time. One of my friends has just got her's back after a year. She says she didn't lose weight though, said she just kept trying to find something to appease her missing taste buds. We celebrated her taste bud recovery with Mexican food a couple of weeks ago.

I'm feeling a lot better. Still kind of dragging but better overall!
Good to hear!
Good morning, DMC. I hope your coffee tastes better today. It took me almost 3 months to start drinking it again after covid.
For 2 days it tasted like bitter NyQuil. I was close to not drinking it. My taster must have been getting ready to quit. My toothpaste tasted worse then the coffee. I’d rather taste nothing then have that fowl taste in my mouth. If I quit coffee for 3 months I doubt I’d drink it again. I drink it black and I really don’t like it…I need the kick in the pants in the morning 😆 I love it with cream and sugar but my scale says one at a time please when I step on it.

I made some spiced rum eggnog Thanksgiving day. I only drank 2 servings. Lol.

I didn't find that it helped. It cut the bitter but the coffee still had a strange taste. It took me a few months to enjoy food and drink again. It is a good appetite depressant, but it is also depressing. I hope you get your sense of taste and smell back in as short of time, as I did, DMC. From what I've heard, 3 months is a short time. One of my friends has just got her's back after a year. She says she didn't lose weight though, said she just kept trying to find something to appease her missing taste buds. We celebrated her taste bud recovery with Mexican food a couple of weeks ago.
Me too Janie, how depressing! I have a hound dog nose, sometimes it’s terrible but this is worse.

Good morning everyone 💜
Pretty tree Mad. Mine does not have a star or a topper . :D
Thank you! I wonder what the whole tree topper represents.
We're driving, he said it's like 6 hours
:hugs I hope you and Bob have a safe drive!
Looking forward to hearing how your g-bread houses turn out Mad! And hopefully pictures?
Omgoodness, got caught up with so much yesterday I forgot all about it 😅 by the time I realized it, it was bedtime 🤦‍♀️ so I told them after school, for sure!
Not quite. If a kid is out of school and then reports to friends they were out due to Covid, they’re ostracized. It doesn’t matter that they’re better and back in school. What matters is they had Covid.
Exactly :(

Good morning folks :frow

:frow Good morning IM, have a great day
Morning IM :frow

Kids can be pretty mean to each other (well, so can adults). Cam doesn't need to tell anyone why he was out of school. He could just tell everyone he was on a cruise or vacationing at Disney World. :cool:
:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day... We'll be leaving in about an hour.
Sue & Bob, I hope you all have a safe trip. God be with you.
:frow Good morning Janie, have a great day
Good morning all.
:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day
Good morning everyone. Stay warm. ☕☀️🔥
:frow Good morning Mark, have a great day
Good morning, All. :frow
:frow Good morning Sour, have a great day

Back
Top Bottom