The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning again DMC, Mark, Janie (thanks for the tasty worm), Sour, Mad and Bob! Had to go back to bed for a while, I think it that worm didn't sit right. :gig

Mark, that was a heck of a snow you got!

Sour, glad your snow was washed away.

DH is still here until this afternoon. He's already back to the hardware store getting supplies for his next projects.
It's not over yet it's now turned into a blizzard. It's waist deep in front of my shed. I don't think I will be traveling any time soon. :th ⛄:gig

I like it too. I just think it’s too bright for the kitchen.

Oh, man!!! You need to move to northern Wyoming, where we’re in the banana belt, as opposed to Debbie who lives in the blizzard belt.

She needed an activity to do with her residents in Assisted Living so she learned Q-tip painting and they spent evenings doing those. She found she enjoyed the painting and the teaching so she started branching out. Soon they were all painting landscapes and flowers. They even held a “You’re Never Too Old to Art” show and auction. The residents wore frilly hats and fancy vests. There were prizes to attendees who showed up in fancy duds with ugly old shoes. She served the very finest in hors d’oeuvres….beenie weenies, etc,…..and the profits from the art they sold were then used to help fund the Carnival and buy more art supplies. She also does a Mardi Gras party and throws Luaus every year. She lets them decide on the dates, and they put it all on themselves. She is just there to assist. Each activity (except the Luau) is open to family, friends, and other residents and staff. The Luau was just for the Assisted Living residents. Her brother does all the cooking for that one - grilled chicken and pineapple, with the punch served in pineapple cups, salads - and they all wear grass skirts over their clothes with leis. All that came to a halt with Covid. But Tam never stopped painting. She really enjoys it, and now I’m benefitting! Check out her flyer for the art show….
View attachment 2963616
Bruce, she didn’t sign the landscape because she’s still working on it. She’s sold a lot of her latest paintings. The Care Center has her hang each new painting in a spot in the atrium, and often staff or visitors will ask if one is for sale. If they buy it, they can’t take it until she has one ready to replace it.

Good morning, everyone!! I got to bed around 4:30, so I just woke up about an hour ago. You all can have the early worm. I don’t want it!! :D
I think these are beautiful.

It's not over yet it's now turned into a blizzard. It's waist deep in front of my shed. I don't think I will be traveling any time soon. :th ⛄:gig
Perfect opportunity for photos!
That, Mark, is your silver lining. 😁 of course, one usually doesn't see the silver lining until later. In your case, probably the heat of summer.

I like it too. I just think it’s too bright for the kitchen.

Oh, man!!! You need to move to northern Wyoming, where we’re in the banana belt, as opposed to Debbie who lives in the blizzard belt.

She needed an activity to do with her residents in Assisted Living so she learned Q-tip painting and they spent evenings doing those. She found she enjoyed the painting and the teaching so she started branching out. Soon they were all painting landscapes and flowers. They even held a “You’re Never Too Old to Art” show and auction. The residents wore frilly hats and fancy vests. There were prizes to attendees who showed up in fancy duds with ugly old shoes. She served the very finest in hors d’oeuvres….beenie weenies, etc,…..and the profits from the art they sold were then used to help fund the Carnival and buy more art supplies. She also does a Mardi Gras party and throws Luaus every year. She lets them decide on the dates, and they put it all on themselves. She is just there to assist. Each activity (except the Luau) is open to family, friends, and other residents and staff. The Luau was just for the Assisted Living residents. Her brother does all the cooking for that one - grilled chicken and pineapple, with the punch served in pineapple cups, salads - and they all wear grass skirts over their clothes with leis. All that came to a halt with Covid. But Tam never stopped painting. She really enjoys it, and now I’m benefitting! Check out her flyer for the art show….
View attachment 2963616
Bruce, she didn’t sign the landscape because she’s still working on it. She’s sold a lot of her latest paintings. The Care Center has her hang each new painting in a spot in the atrium, and often staff or visitors will ask if one is for sale. If they buy it, they can’t take it until she has one ready to replace it.

Good morning, everyone!! I got to bed around 4:30, so I just woke up about an hour ago. You all can have the early worm. I don’t want it!! :D

Tam is very talented! That's so cool the residents can enjoy painting and her paintings too.

Back
Top Bottom