The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Here's our new heifer we will be picking up next Sunday. She was the one I originally enquired about (she's a quarter Jersey, three quarters Highland) but she'd never been handled so the lady wasn't sure if she would tame down enough to be milked. So she thought another, who had been a pet before she bought her, would be better.

She put both in her yards and worked with them and she let us look at both yesterday. She felt the one that had been a pet might be a bit pushy, but this girl was progressing really well and showing potential. She's sure she's in calf too. She'll work with her more this week for us and then we'll keep her in our yards and work with getting her used to us.

She's in calf to a mini white Highland bull who we also met yesterday. The calves are adorable.
IMG_20220123_094900.jpg

Here's our new heifer we will be picking up next Sunday. She was the one I originally enquired about (she's a quarter Jersey, three quarters Highland) but she'd never been handled so the lady wasn't sure if she would tame down enough to be milked. So she thought another, who had been a pet before she bought her, would be better.

She put both in her yards and worked with them and she let us look at both yesterday. She felt the one that had been a pet might be a bit pushy, but this girl was progressing really well and showing potential. She's sure she's in calf too. She'll work with her more this week for us and then we'll keep her in our yards and work with getting her used to us.

She's in calf to a mini white Highland bull who we also met yesterday. The calves are adorable.
View attachment 2969996
What a cutie!

@JaeG - what a cutie!!

@N F C - I’m sorry about Eenie- was she one of your Wellsummers, or is my memory completely off? I remember admiring your great, eye level brooder and the happy peeping of little chicks, and I seem to remember that you were pretty excited about the Wellies.

@DigMyChicks - I’ll let you know how this one pans out….hopefully I’ll be long gone before it ever has issues!

@chrissynemetz - She was a mess, alright! I have two that keep coming in like that, but they don’t have access to the utility/mud room without going through the dining room and hall first. When the new fence goes up this spring, it will encompass the utility room door, but for now the fence goes just beyond the hot tub room and the dogs go in and out via the patio door in the dining room. What a mess!

That is until she has to stay in the mud room while she dries.
What a mess!

She cleans up nice.
Good thing :)

We got this TC Series in silver and white…the salesman said the TC with the black and white trim, while more expensive, has had a few more repair problems.
Odd that color would make any difference

Lost one of my flock just a bit ago.
I'm sorry Debby, hard to lose them.

My flock is getting older now, they'll be 6 in April.
Time for some pullets in the spring. Four of my 25 girls are 6.5 now, one is 9.5.

@JaeG - what a cutie!!

@N F C - I’m sorry about Eenie- was she one of your Wellsummers, or is my memory completely off? I remember admiring your great, eye level brooder and the happy peeping of little chicks, and I seem to remember that you were pretty excited about the Wellies.

@DigMyChicks - I’ll let you know how this one pans out….hopefully I’ll be long gone before it ever has issues!

@chrissynemetz - She was a mess, alright! I have two that keep coming in like that, but they don’t have access to the utility/mud room without going through the dining room and hall first. When the new fence goes up this spring, it will encompass the utility room door, but for now the fence goes just beyond the hot tub room and the dogs go in and out via the patio door in the dining room. What a mess!
Oh my goodness! I couldn't imagine her tracking that through the house! :th I bet you'll be so relieved when the new fence is done! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom