The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone!
Good morning, DMC.
Good morning Janie!
I've officially decided that I'm going to start my own solo house cleaning service. My MIL1's friend was going to train me and possinky hire me but she said I don't have enough hours during the day. I am not an expert on cleaning products but I enjoy cleaning and I want to help others in a way I would like... if that makes sense so, my main focus would be to clean mainly for families of/or individuals of special needs, and the elderly.
Going to start off very slow, with maybe 1 customer..but in 5 years, I want to be established and already doing my thing.

Thanks for reading :lau
I had my own cleaning business for 8 years…I burned out. Good luck!
Debby, isn’t it funny that I would remember the Wellsummers but forgot the Legbars? Old age?

Good morning, everyone!!

Keep fingers crossed for us today. Now that the front porch is usable, we have our appraisal at 9:30 this morning. After that, as soon as we pay the last of the construction fees, our construction loan can be rolled over to a conventional loan. We got our final bill from the excavation crew for the dirt work they’ve done building up and leveling the front and side yards and preparing the area for the ramp. That check is on its way to him. We’re just waiting on the contractor’s final bill and he’ll give us that as soon as he finishes the last few items on the punch list this week.

I hate that the yard is in such bad shape right now. It’s just dirt, still has construction debris all over it, and we didn’t get the chicken coop and run torn down. Stuff that we had to get out of the way so the trailer could be pulled out and the foundation dug is still leaning against the fence and the fence is basically slapped into place just enough to contain Fee and Rhubarb. Well, it is what it is……they need to expect that a home that was just built is going to be a mess outdoors. Can’t sod and plant flowers in the winter.
Will you post a picture of your porch when you have a chance?
Good morning, Debby.
Haha. No. Funny/sad story; we put a deposit on her apartment. She visited and loved the assisted living complex. But then, after getting back here, she started telling everyone that we were moving her into a bus!!! Her doctor refused to fill out the physical so that she could be admitted, because she told him she wasn't moving. I unfortunately, was working that day, so my dh took her. He isn't on her paperwork as a contact, I am. I called and explained to the nurse what was going on with her mental and physical state. I gave several reasons why she could not live by herself. (Falls, trying to touch hot surfaces, unable to turn water on and off, feeding 2 dozens feral cats in her back yard, calling the police on neighbors, etc. )
Mil called after that, and told the doctor that she wanted to move and asked that he complete the paperwork. They said they would fax the paperwork. So far, he hasn't done so, we are in limbo. If it isn't filled out next week we will lose the deposit! We are calling the office again Monday. She is getting harder to deal with, as she accuses us, delivery people, and grandchildren of stealing her clothes, shoes, makeup, phone, etc. frequently. She slams doors and beats on walls, especially at night. I'm not even sure that assisted living will work at this point. It's sad how quickly this came on. I'm trying to be patient, but it is very stressful having someone constantly berate you in your own home. My dh stays in the backroom or outside most of the time.
Sob story over! I have laundry and housework to do. Yay!!!
Sounds to me like she needs more help then an assisted living.:hugs

I had my own cleaning business for 8 years…I burned out. Good luck!
Really?! I appreciate it! I have been cleaning for a few family members (my mom, my grandma, MIL1) and 1 or 2 family friends over the last 6 years but nothing serious or professional...just a little side cash to support my Starbucks addiction. But I'd like to do more while I'm a SAHM. I want to be available for my kids especially for my DS1. Then eventually be a respite provider on the side.

I wanted to tell you the bird feeders are full of Cardinals, Blue jays, and Doves to name a few.
DW had me put out suet 2 weeks ago. It sits untouched, she hasn't seen a bird since it went up.

but I enjoy cleaning
Shall I send you my address? :)

didn’t get the chicken coop and run torn down
No, that is the dog house and run! You need it.

Well, it is what it is……they need to expect that a home that was just built is going to be a mess outdoors. Can’t sod and plant flowers in the winter.
Better now than the end of October. Less time until you can start planting.

I'm trying to be patient, but it is very stressful having someone constantly berate you in your own home.
:hugs
I'm amazed that her doctor wouldn't fill out the paperwork. From your description she clearly has dementia if not Alzheimer's. He should know that and know not to take anything she says as true unless you verify it. And WHY is DH, her son, not taking charge of this?

Janie is offering free room & boarding down in warm weather TX
Not totally free, I think Mad has to clean the house while the rest of us drink margaritas and eat tacos.

My name is Blooie, but you can just call me Blooie.
She has another name too, but you can call her Blooie ;)

Good morning, Debby.
Haha. No. Funny/sad story; we put a deposit on her apartment. She visited and loved the assisted living complex. But then, after getting back here, she started telling everyone that we were moving her into a bus!!! Her doctor refused to fill out the physical so that she could be admitted, because she told him she wasn't moving. I unfortunately, was working that day, so my dh took her. He isn't on her paperwork as a contact, I am. I called and explained to the nurse what was going on with her mental and physical state. I gave several reasons why she could not live by herself. (Falls, trying to touch hot surfaces, unable to turn water on and off, feeding 2 dozens feral cats in her back yard, calling the police on neighbors, etc. )
Mil called after that, and told the doctor that she wanted to move and asked that he complete the paperwork. They said they would fax the paperwork. So far, he hasn't done so, we are in limbo. If it isn't filled out next week we will lose the deposit! We are calling the office again Monday. She is getting harder to deal with, as she accuses us, delivery people, and grandchildren of stealing her clothes, shoes, makeup, phone, etc. frequently. She slams doors and beats on walls, especially at night. I'm not even sure that assisted living will work at this point. It's sad how quickly this came on. I'm trying to be patient, but it is very stressful having someone constantly berate you in your own home. My dh stays in the backroom or outside most of the time.
Sob story over! I have laundry and housework to do. Yay!!!
:hugs That's an awful lot to deal with. I hope you can get it sorted out soon.

Back
Top Bottom