The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Ooh I totally feel for you! Did he get upset that you wouldn't let him go lay on the sofa like that? 🥺 :gig
He was more of an outside dog when we had lots of birds, but now he spends the night inside.

When this happened, he just played on the floor and cleaned himself.
Todd looks like a fun loving dog :love
He really is and wants cuddles ALL the time
Dani, our last golden, was known for mud baths. Many a shower she and I took together.
Todd is not a fan of showers, he would prefer to clean up in the creek or just use his tongue 🤢

He was more of an outside dog when we had lots of birds, but now he spends the night inside.

When this happened, he just played on the floor and cleaned himself.

He really is and wants cuddles ALL the time

Todd is not a fan of showers, he would prefer to clean up in the creek or just use his tongue 🤢

How old is Todd now Sue?

Good morning, Debby.
Haha. No. Funny/sad story; we put a deposit on her apartment. She visited and loved the assisted living complex. But then, after getting back here, she started telling everyone that we were moving her into a bus!!! Her doctor refused to fill out the physical so that she could be admitted, because she told him she wasn't moving. I unfortunately, was working that day, so my dh took her. He isn't on her paperwork as a contact, I am. I called and explained to the nurse what was going on with her mental and physical state. I gave several reasons why she could not live by herself. (Falls, trying to touch hot surfaces, unable to turn water on and off, feeding 2 dozens feral cats in her back yard, calling the police on neighbors, etc. )
Mil called after that, and told the doctor that she wanted to move and asked that he complete the paperwork. They said they would fax the paperwork. So far, he hasn't done so, we are in limbo. If it isn't filled out next week we will lose the deposit! We are calling the office again Monday. She is getting harder to deal with, as she accuses us, delivery people, and grandchildren of stealing her clothes, shoes, makeup, phone, etc. frequently. She slams doors and beats on walls, especially at night. I'm not even sure that assisted living will work at this point. It's sad how quickly this came on. I'm trying to be patient, but it is very stressful having someone constantly berate you in your own home. My dh stays in the backroom or outside most of the time.
Sob story over! I have laundry and housework to do. Yay!!!
Jaine you are in our prayers. I have been through things like this before years ago. All our parents are gone now for years. Nothing is easy, God bless Mark and Susie. ❤️

Last edited:
Jainie, I'm just starting my journey. Mom is alienating everyone and I fear it's not going to be long before I have to step in and force assisted living. She has no support structure at her home and she insists on living alone. She remembers things totally different than what they were and she can't stop complaining about things. All I can say is I have hugs for you. :hugs :hugs

Jainie, I'm just starting my journey. Mom is alienating everyone and I fear it's not going to be long before I have to step in and force assisted living. She has no support structure at her home and she insists on living alone. She remembers things totally different than what they were and she can't stop complaining about things. All I can say is I have hugs for you. :hugs :hugs

Thanks for sharing that Bob. This is what I'm dealing with too. It's very frustrating, especially when the story changes depending on who is in the conversation. My mom plays us against each other and it's so destructive. It will be surprising if we all still speak to each other by the time mom is gone.

@janiedoe you have company similar with your situation. Don't know if that makes it any easier or not, but you have my admiration for the way you're dealing with it.

:hugs
Thanks for sharing that Bob. This is what I'm dealing with too. It's very frustrating, especially when the story changes depending on who is in the conversation. My mom plays us against each other and it's so destructive. It will be surprising if we all still speak to each other by the time mom is gone.

@janiedoe you have company similar with your situation. Don't know if that makes it any easier or not, but you have my admiration for the way you're dealing with it.
:hugs

I can't even imagine. 💜

Another :hugs @janiedoe

Hope everyone had a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom