The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, everyone!! Looks to be another gorgeous January day here…yesterday we hit 47 and I wouldn’t be surprised to get up there again.

Gonna try to get the chicken run torn down today if Kenny isn’t too tired when he gets home from work. He leaves for work about 3:30 in the morning and gets off at noon. But since the girls are in school and Jenny’s still at work, he tries to catch a nap for a few hours. I hate to ask him to work and then come here and help Ken with the stuff I can’t help with, but he‘s always here if we do have to call him. Yesterday he and Ken brought in the new washer and got it hooked up. Wednesday they brought in the heavy free-standing pantry cabinets. Guess I should give the kid a break but we gotta make hay while the sun shines.

I have labs later today. Keep everything crossed that my GFR is still in the 30s, maybe even higher, now that I’m back on my kidney diet. Living for 3 months in a camper without running water and a little dinky stove top meant a lot of hot dogs, sammiches, and fast food, but I was still like 32 at my last nephrology checkup.

Hoping you all have a great day and at least one “wow, that’s fantastic” moment!!

Good news/ bad news
Good: Mil's Dr finally sent in the paperwork.
Bad: because ,after telling her that she was OK to live alone, he diagnosed her with dementia, she is not eligible to live in assisted living. I'm not shocked, I had told the family that if she moved in, it would only be short term before they moved her to a more secure environment. The facility has a memory care apartment type setting that is monitored 24/7 & has only 12 residents per complex. They have an "apartment " available. It will be a thousand dollars more each month.
No one else has time to pack up her house, so that we can get it on the market, so it is up to me to do so.

Good morning, everyone!! Looks to be another gorgeous January day here…yesterday we hit 47 and I wouldn’t be surprised to get up there again.

Gonna try to get the chicken run torn down today if Kenny isn’t too tired when he gets home from work. He leaves for work about 3:30 in the morning and gets off at noon. But since the girls are in school and Jenny’s still at work, he tries to catch a nap for a few hours. I hate to ask him to work and then come here and help Ken with the stuff I can’t help with, but he‘s always here if we do have to call him. Yesterday he and Ken brought in the new washer and got it hooked up. Wednesday they brought in the heavy free-standing pantry cabinets. Guess I should give the kid a break but we gotta make hay while the sun shines.

I have labs later today. Keep everything crossed that my GFR is still in the 30s, maybe even higher, now that I’m back on my kidney diet. Living for 3 months in a camper without running water and a little dinky stove top meant a lot of hot dogs, sammiches, and fast food, but I was still like 32 at my last nephrology checkup.

Hoping you all have a great day and at least one “wow, that’s fantastic” moment!!
:frow Good morning Blooie, have a great day... Every now and again I have time to wander around BYC, today I read your interview and loved it!

Good news/ bad news
Bad: because ,after telling her that she was OK to live alone, he diagnosed her with dementia, she is not eligible to live in assisted living. I'm not shocked, I had told the family that if she moved in, it would only be short term before they moved her to a more secure environment. The facility has a memory care apartment type setting that is monitored 24/7 & has only 12 residents per complex. They have an "apartment " available. It will be a thousand dollars more each month.
No one else has time to pack up her house, so that we can get it on the market, so it is up to me to do so.
So sorry Janie, you just can't catch a break :hugs :hugs

Enjoy your pretty and busy day Blooie! Hoping your labs come back A-ok :fl

Good news/ bad news

Good news/bad news indeed. Wish I lived closer, I'd help you out with the house clearing. As it is, just know we're rooting for you and that life settles down soon. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom